Dear God - I hope it gets better than this!

• I read the manual. It says it's in the output section. So I went into the output menu. I can see something that says "Headphone Space", but I haven't seen anything that says Pure Cab. I've scrolled through all 5 pages of the Output section menu.

• Go to System and scroll to page 6 of 19 ....You can turn the second amp knob to go from 0 to 10 .......ENJOY !

I hit the System button, and I only have 12 pages. I'm using the non-powered rack if that makes any difference. Still don't see it in any of those pages.

• I'm not sure. It's 3.02.. It's a brand new unit, just got it. I don't even know what artist mode is. On my chicken head knob, all I have for choices in modes are tuner, browser, perform and profiler.

• Okay, so I'm in browse mode and this is what I do:

• Press the system button (regardless of whether I press and hold, or just press it, it takes me to the same menu)
    • In there, I get 12 pages worth of stuff to scroll through. They consist of: LCD setup, LED setups, User Interface, Remote Settings, Remote Pedal 3-6, Pedals, Browse Mode PrgChg, a screen that says "Not available in Browse Mode", MIDI Settings, Date & Time, Rig Management, Device Info.
    • If I push the Output button, I get 5 screens consisting of: Output source, Output Volumes, Monitor Output EQ, Main Output EQ, Output Addons. In the Output Addons is where I see the Headphone Space option right above one of the rotary knobs. But there are no options for Pure Cab anywhere.
  • How do I do this? Just walk through the steps in the System menu? I'll try that tonight. But it doesn't bode well if people need to do this on a brand new, factory sealed unit.

Redundant to answer this now (See below), but I wanted you to know I did hear you, OhG.

Just to not create confusion, that's properly a Rig Reset. You perform a System Reset by holding the System button.

Headphones getting no love around here. What up with that?!! :)

My first play through with my Kemper was with Beyer DT770's. Sounded bloody fantastic. Some of the factory rigs weren't my cup of tea, but I found several "keepers" that I still use regularly. The commercial Britt profiles just sweetened the deal.

Frankly, that damn Kemper sounds good every set of headphones I own, including the free iPhone ear buds.

Same here. $600 Sennies, 30-year-old $20 Sennies, and even... BarfRingers.

In fact, with my HD25-1 set I hear the best damned amp tones I've ever heard. That'd be the polar opposite of a Boss Metal Zone™ pedal.

• This is exactly what I'm thinking. I do intend to load the high quality stuff this week (Tim Owens Friedman stuff, some Amp Factory and Michael Britt profiles). Then test those when the Yamaha DXR arrives on Friday.

You don't have a cheap set of studio monitors, even the cheapest of cheap PC speakers?

The highest of high quality Profiles are right there in the Kemper factory profiles.
    Did you visit the Kemper download page and import the free factory packs?
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads
    There are free "Amp Factory" TAF packs, a Michael Britt pack, a Michael Wagener pack, ACE Skunk Anansie pack, Soundside, Top Jimi, and my favourite the Kemper Profiler Workshop Pack.

If your ears are used to a cranked tube amp through a cab then do not use headphones to demo a Kemper, especially for the first time...rather use a cheap hi fi set from 20 years ago, but not headphones....imagine plugging a set of headphones into a 100W Marshall and expecting great tone through 1" speakers.

Soon you will be happy, very happy.

• Hang in there!
    There's been some great advice already,
    Here's my two cents:

Headphones or not - All in all i tried almost 2000 profiles (stock ones, rig exchange mostly, some made by friends of mine, some taf, mbritt and guidorist bought profiles), I only liked 5-7% of them. And i regularly use about 10 of them (my absolute favorites).
    I'm not only picky about sound, but also about the feel & response of my guitar amps (or profiles).
    It was a lot of work to try out all this stuff but it paid off big time! I never had a better sound before, no matter what situation. I also use DXR10s on stage and at rehearsals , and no one ever missed my old tube amps.

The sound in your head is there, you just need to chase it!

• Hah, just saw this thread. That was my first impression as well - which the fellas here kindly addressed for me: Restoring All Factory Rigs & Reducing Fizz

Once you tweak it a bit and get everything set up right, you'll start to hear the difference in all the sweet amps available. Then you'll get addicted.

I think we need to post a "Hey New Guy, Don't Panic Till You Try This" guide... ;)

Some kind of "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Kemper Galaxy" ^^