So why the DXR series?

• I tried those settings, did not help much. I'm testing on a clean rig, a Fender twin reverb. I'm happy with gainy rigs so far (I have some of Guido's also, they're fantastic).
    I might end up getting an amp switcher and compare side by side (amp/kemper), tweak by ear until I'm getting close to the amp sound (which I might never achieve).

• Thanks for this feedback.
    I have a QSC K12 that I purchased before buying the Kemper which was used for a keyboard and PA.
    i found it too bass heavy, the low end a little too forward. I know I could EQ it but I never liked using it with the Kemper. Partially due to its size but mostly because of the way it sounded.

Reading these posts have really peaked my curiosity about the DXRs.

• I have tested with 2 qsc10s and also with one EV ZLX12P. All sound boxy and lack low end and harsh highs. My edirol studiomonitors sound much better. Monday I get the dxr10. Curious!

Any FRFR will sound decent if you take the time twaeking your patches to work with what you have for speakers.

Yes.Right now I use the EV-ZLX-12 and for what I do right now (support for singer/songwriters with their acoustical) playing some clean chords and "soft leads" for this "silent stage"-thing I really like the "Hi-Fi"-sound of the EV.Could be that this would change for a more "busy stage" like Ingolf said.No doubt a more boxy DXR will help specially when you play with two guitars (and the other guy use a classical tube rig with a 4x12),a loud bass and a drummer who beats the &%$§ out of his kit..

I would like to see in the future if the new approach like the Mackie Reach could make life easier for the very small-/small venues.At least for the more "silent stage"-kind of gigs(no drums).With two plus one (for the KPA) monitors and the two PA-speakers plus the guitars and small mixing console and all of this in hardcases you need also two cars.And then all this stuff fits only hardly on the "typical 1,5 square meters"-(non-)stages you find in most small venues.

One,max two all in one (PA,monitors,mixer,FX) speakers could be a cool thing in the future.One car(half the fuel,half the toll for the highway) less stuff on the stage,no monitors on the floor,also more space for the audience etc..I really hope this new concept works out.We will see.

• Any FRFR will sound decent if you take the time twaeking your patches to work with what you have for speakers.

Yes, but it makes more sense to dial in the rigs/patches for a linear a rig if you want the audience to get the best sound possible. Modern pro PA-rigs are getting more and more linear so that is what I aim for. I'd rather use the EQ on monitor out or even inject a separate multiband EQ between the KPA and the NLFR (non-linear-full-range) system than waste my time adjusting individual rigs for the amp/speaker.

• I love my QSC K12's. Any FRFR will sound decent if you take the time twaeking your patches to work with what you have for speakers.

Playing a gig today and I'm using the K12. Usually I use my Martix cab but I'm going to try using the QSC.
    I'm sure it's gonna be fine.

• I bought a set of DXR 10s because I got rid of my Adam A7X monitors. Which I really liked a lot. I paid like $1600 for the pair. They were only 7s.
    I wanted a bit more volume and kick so I took the advice given on the forums and bought 2 DXR 10s for about $1200.

They definitely give more volume and kick, although a bit harder on my ears after a while playing in a small room. The monitors did not give me ear fatigue. These can for sure.
    I finally took them off of the stands and set them on the floor facing away from me a bit.

In general, I like them a lot. I personally would like to get just a tad more bottom end at times but it is not deal breaking.
    I like that they can be used for other things and they are of a manageable size.

One thing I don't like is the background noise I get with some rigs. I tried others recommended settings but quite a few rigs still do it. More than I would like. I haven't figured out why some do and some don't yet.

As a whole though, I like them and will keep `em.