Commercial profiles...really worth it?

• That's one thing i love about the forum (and threads like this). Posted earlier to recommend some stuff i'd tried and thought was great, then based on comments above checked out Sinmix who i'd not came across before and just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours with his free metal pack. I'm no shredder but had so much fun with it that i'll be going back and purchasing some stuff for sure.

• Yes, IMHO it's worth buying if you hear what you like in demo clips or freebies. The hit : miss ratio is certainly much, much higher than that of the RE.

For me, phase problems are an issue as I'm extremely sensitive to them. The Pure Cab™ feature ameliorates this to a great extent when auditioning freebies through RM; I keep mine set on 4.0 for this. Good commercial packs won't require this level of Pure Cab™, but if you like it, it's up to you where you set it obviously.

• So plenty of great recommendations so far and hope they have helped the OP. Something I tried for the first time today offers a slightly different experience and might be of interest to anyone who's not came across them. It was from Rigbusters, they profile stomp boxes, (among other things). i wasn't quite sure how this would work in the Kemper to be honest but downloaded a variety of their free samples and after a short time with them I think they are really worth checking out if you've not tried them before. Essentially they have profiled a lot of high end OD and distortion pedals, Klon, OCD, Ratt etc they do amps, cabs, and acoustic amps too but i've not tried these as yet. They are done through the clean channel of a Cornford 50w which is how they appear in the KPA and I think they offer something new, (to me anyway). Not got any of the full packs so far as i want to spend time with the free ones to see what the best fits for me are but I was very impressed with the range of sounds I was getting.

• I agree. But through this discussion the OP might have made their mind up about commercial profiles being (in general) worth it or not... As fas as a discussion on a forum can go :D

• mbritt is the men, there are so many good profiles out there, but only mbritt works live for me

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Right at this very moment i am using only two profiles to record and they are for free.
    (Dills Friedman and my own Jet). And i have put a lot of of money on the table.
    Guido's work fine for me and are very affordable. If you love strat tones Bert is the man.
    For high gain i do not know.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• Mbritt and Berts Profiles and Andys
    are worth to spent money, they will bring
    you much fun and you will have sounds you never experienced before
    this is pro stuff, working for any situation

• There are a lot of great free profiles out there, eh? And a lot of great great tones in the free rig packs as well, to keep you busy.

My opinion is, if you're in love with a particular tone then purchasing from a commercial provider is the way to go. I just love some TopJimi profiles and you just can't find them like that as a free rig.