Engl Extreme Aggression Profiles (Mille Petrozza Signature)

• Hello Kemper community,

I recently aquired a Kemper profiling Amp and so far I really enjoy it a lot. I created and uploaded a couple of profiles of my Engl Extreme Aggression Amp. I hope you enjoy the profiles.

Amp: Engl Extreme Aggression
    Cab: Engl 4x12 with V30
    Mic: Shure SM57

Clean channel (CH1) settings:
    Flat EQ (all ~12 o'clock)
    Clean Gain ~ 9 o'clock

Lead channel (CH2) settings:
    Flat EQ (all ~12 o'clock)
    prescence ~13 o'clock
    Lead Gain ~ 12 o'clock

For both channels I used three different mic positions:
    1) mic in the center of one speaker (marked as center position)
    2) mic moved halfway to the side of one speaker (middle position)
    3) mic moved to the side of one speaker (side position)

The distance between the grll and the mic was ~1 cm for each position.

Comments and hints to improve the profiles are very welcome.

• Ahoi there...

...and welcome to the forum/community!

I'll download, test and comment on your profiles a.s.a.p. Fresh stuff is always welcome here :thumbup:
    I'll let you know, what I think about your attempts so far, as soon as I get around to test your sounds.

Danny

P.S. Alright! I got around to DL and test your contributions and immediately got hooked on the "Engl EA CH2 middle" profile.
    It took some (minor) tweaks to make it sound balanced with my guitar, but with these, it's a very tight and agressive, yet
    defined and clear sounding profile! Awesome! I really dig this one! It has a very nice character.

I set the EQ to -3.5 Bass and -1.0 Middle and set the Cab parameters to High S. +0.3 Low S. -1.0 and the Character to -1.5.
    Before these tweaks it sounded very bassy and massive. Not the profiles fault though...that's my guitars "fault".

I use a neck-through 27inch scale mahogany baritone guitar, equipped with an EMG 85 in the bridge and an 81 in the neck,
    both almost kissing the strings) which naturally sounds rather dark and massive...+ I have it tuned to open A Major, so MOST
    profiles tend to have too much bass and low mid response, when I use them without any tweaks.

Might become my new favourite! Thanks a lot for this profile, lad! :thumbup:

The distorted "center" profile is very usable as well, but I had to tame the bass a lot on this one in order to keep it from getting
    too boomy with my guitar (-3.5, maybe even -4.0 if I wanted to doubletrack with it). The "side" one is the only I "dislike". It's
    just too washy and dark sounding for my taste....again, with MY guitar and MY playing style/setup that is.

The clean profiles I like very much...all of them...very chimy and crystal clear. They work great without any major tweaks
    for me. I tend to put tons of reverb and delay on my cleans anyway though...but the basic character of all of the clean
    profiles is very nice! I only had to roll back the volume on the "Engl EA CH1 Clean" one, for it stood out too far with your
    saved volume setting.

That's 5 out of 6 I really like (with only EQ roll-offs on the 2 distorted ones)! Thank you very much! I really enjoy the profiles,
    and I`ll definitely keep them on my Profiler. Keep up the good work! C-ya around!

Dannyboy "Terraformer" Young

Edited once, last by Terraformer: ...had to test the profiles for a while before commenting... ().

• Some quick feedback. The clean one sounds amazing. Maybe my favorite clean.

The dirty ones sound a bit noisy to me. Could there be resonance or reflection issues in the room you used? Are you monitoring in the same room as the cab? The amp itself sounds like it should be good, but something is making it too noisy/phasy to really love.

• Thank you for the quick feedback.

Terraformer: Great hint to look at the cab settings too. Beside the cab volume I did not change anything so far. This Amp has so many parameters that you easily forget something when you are not that experienced.

meambobbo: In fact at higher volumnes there is really a lot of background noise. It might be due to the heater in our session room which is always making some resonance sounds when we are playing. I totally forgot to fix that when making the profiles because I am too used to it.

The amp was cranked up quiet a lot. Maybe I should try profiling at lower volumes to get rid of the noise coming from resonant sources in the room. Or do you usually get better results when the amp is cranked? Unfortunately monitoring in another room is not possible.

Hopefully I manage to create some noise fixed profiles during the day.

• Disable it.
    Kemper unit usually detect and warn you if it's enabled.

I tried once profile an amp with inbuilt noise gate that could not turn off, and it sounded really bad.