Anyone have a link of a very well produced a/b blind comparison video or audio clip?

• Hi guys,

I normally don't get into debates on forums with random people, but as it is, I've found myself a troll who says that every clip from the Kemper sounds like a POD.I've owned a lot of Line6 gear over the years and imo, no POD I've ever played even came close to the tone and feel of the Kemper.
    I'm wanting to find a great, well-produced video or audio clip BLIND comparison that I can present to him and see if he can tell the tube amp from the Kemper.
    I know this is probably futile, but I want to have him call him out on his nonsense and see if he can pick the real amp from the Kemper.
    So, if any of you have a link to a great blind a/b or a/b/c shootout with the Kemper and a real amp and maybe another modeler etc., please share it.

thanks,
    Steve

• I would rather enjoy my Kemper than spend energy trying to convince a stranger that it's good.

Its like the the old saying "pearls before swine"

Normally I would agree with you, but I guess in this case, I let him under my skin a bit.
    Someone started an innocent thread talking about how they got rid of their tube amps because they were so happy with the Kemper
    and this guy just basically said the Kemper sounds like a POD. Usually I can let this kind of stuff go because there are always trolls out looking to stir it up, but
    this one has been extra annoying and I'm hoping to find a great blind shootout to shut him up. Pointless I know, but I am human. :)

• When the only tool you have is a hammer every problem starts to look like a nail. When your ears and skills are so lacking that you no-longer know what tone is, everything starts to sound like a Pod.

Ignore the dude, I was recently in a long winded argument on another forum about another aspect of the Kemper and you know what? There's no point, all you do is feed the trolls. You end up looking bad, it doesn't reflect well on the Kemper either if it's users don't take the high road so it's a loss for Christoph and his team and you'll never convince anyone because people with opinions aren't rational. 99% of the time the opinions aren't really their own so they have no way of arguing a point lucidly and cannot be argued around to another viewpoint, they can only dig their heels in or leave, and they probably only posted because they want a bit of attention so you know what the outcome is going to be.

Let it go, enjoy your Kemper, be productive! I guarantee that if you were to simply not visit that page or post for a day or two you would completely forget about this numpty, not to mention you'd probably have a couple of cool tracks done so don't let them win, walk away. :)

• Steve, as Sarasin said, you'd be casting pearls before swine.

Given all the sound clips and videos that're out there for both the Kemper and all PODs, this fella's either willingly ignorant or... hang on... no. IMHO he's willingly ignorant. Period.

I understand that he got under your skin. Been there many times. Sooner or later 'though, you'll choose not to suffer fools, regardless of their abrasive natures / overwhelming ignorance or whatever.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do; I only hope to help save you further pain in this instance, mate.

• Agreed. Needing others' appreciation is our own problem, not theirs.
    you will never have all people agree on anything. Post the best possible audio clip of a tube amp and you will always find someone staying that they would have no use for it.
    It's the beauty of being all different, what helped us create a complex and rich world :)

• I am 60-ish or so years young and the most important lesson that took me forever to learn is, if I like it thats all that matters.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Actually I like to understand the others' reasons, specially when they differ from mine. It took me almost 50 years to realize that you can't find any "truth" in yourself only, and you rather look for it among yourself and the others around you.
    As I love to repeat, I've already got a lot of mirrors at home returning my own image...

:)

• I hear you guys...all of you. All valid points. Problem is, I really think this guy thinks the Kemper sounds like a POD or is on the same level etc. I think he's about 50% troll and 50% talking based on confirmation bias because everything he's listened to so far, he's known it was a Kemper clip to begin with. We all know how confirmation bias can affect out opinions.
    Anyhoo, it's no big deal. I was just hoping there was a great blind a/b test out there I could toss his way so maybe he could realize how hard it is to tell the real thing from the Kemper or how different beasts the Kemper and POD are. I'd actually be interested for my own test to see if I could pick the kemper blindly. :) There are some good video shootouts out there, but so far, the only ones I've found show which one you're listening to.
    Time for bed so maybe I'll just let him go on in ignorance blissfully shunning anything without a tube in it.

cheers,
    steve

• I bet you if you posted a clip of a REAL cranked Marshall Plexi and didn't tell him, he would still find something wrong with it.

Wait, then again could you really tell if it was a Kemper or the real thing?

PS: the Kemper is pretty good ; )

• Points were... it doesn't matter :)

... and it's his problem, Steve. Only he will suffer the consequences of his ignorance; he owns it and created it. IOW, it's simply not your responsibility.

If you'd mentioned to him what you thought of the comparison (with the POD), which you've done, and suggested he revisit his conclusion, which you've done, it's only his willing ignorance and stubbornness that stands in his way, nothing else. If he refuses to expose himself to valuable knowledge in this situation when he's nothing to lose, can you imagine the state of the rest of his life? Would you take it upon yourself to coach him in the art of clear thinking? Logic lessons? How-not-to-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot lessons?

The line has to be drawn somewhere, and I suggest you do it here. He's an adult. If he can't treat himself (or others) like one, only he can mend the errors of his ways, not you, I or anyone else.