please help with my 1st gig with kpa

• Hi guys. I'm 4 days in now, and having a lot of fun with the kpa. I've already found several profiles that work really well for me.

So we have a gig Friday, (2 days from now) and I think I'd like to give it a go. It's a powered toaster. I'll prob use my 2x12 cab, as I've not had time to reaserch/get a ftft solution yet.

I have the 5 profiles I plan to use loaded into a song in performance mode. I'll have a Kemper floor cont. tomorrow, but I'm sure it will switch just fine. I'm happy with the sounds I'm getting. I just have a fear that there is something else I need to do to pull this thing off.

So what else will I need to do? We are a pretty straight ahead "americana" type band, so no crazy effects. Is there some adjustment buried in the menus that will/could burn me?

Also, am I nuts for trying to get it out so quickly? Would you recomend waiting until I "master" the operation of the unit?

Your help is much appreciated.

• Things i do after learning what not to do.

Ensure main output voume is set to -20db to ensure you wont blow the crap out of the p.a
    Ensure no other output volumes are linked to master volume (only have monitor volume linked)
    Once you are satisfied with tone from p.a use the monitor eq to adjust stage tone
    Use the power amp boost if you need it.

Thats pretty much it, enjoy!

• Oh, and I forgot to mention I know nothing about the PA or the club we are playing. It's a med sized venue. A lot of times, in smaller clubs/bars, we tend to just run vocs & acoustic guitars through the PA, controlling our amp levels from stage. I need to be prepared for either scenerio for friday.

Thanks

• i spent 2 weeks with the kemper prior to the first show and had no problems. just check your output-settings - not only as mentioned before the vol.level but you can also define what goes out (amp only, +cab, +efx, etc.) on every specific output. just refer to the manual or the tutorial videos...
    and even though it's a kemper, with your 2x12 cab it behaves like an amp - so no worries. do you use cab-sim with your cab or did you switch that off?

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So I'm still a little confused. What feeds the powered out? I still can't get the cab off going to the powered out, and on going to the main outs. I see where to do that for the monitor out, but what about the powered out?

Thanks

Edited once, last by Jklotz ().

• I just had a look in the manual because I don't have a powered toaster. The adjustements for the monitor out will affect the powered out. So when you turn the cab sim off in the monitor menue the cab sim should be off at the powered out too but not at the main outs.

• I just had a look in the manual because I don't have a powered toaster. The adjustements for the monitor out will affect the powered out. So when you turn the cab sim off in the monitor menue the cab sim should be off at the powered out too but not at the main outs.

exactly.
    Speaker Out & Monitor Out carry the same signal, the Monitor Out in line level and the Speaker Out in speaker level

hth :)

• Thanks guys. Gig went great, aside from hitting the looper button a few times when I was going for a lead boost. It was just a little bar gig, and I didn't bother to run it through the PA. I took my Carr 2x12 loaded with Warehouse ET65's, and it sounded really big. It was fun changing up the amp sounds for different songs, and at the end of the night, I sure didn't miss lugging that big damn pedal board home! I'm still on the fence about a DXR 10, but I'll probably get one when I get another 20% coupon from GC, just to try it out.

Thanks again for the help.

[Blocked Image: http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu248/jamesklotz/58bb0d9a-0314-49d2-b5c6-bbcb871be3fa_zpshraremvm.jpg]