FW 4.0 Looper action with momentary switches?

• Good news, you can switch looper location also with greyed out buttons, so just switch the location, it´s working fine!

Very nice update, this! :)

This is good news indeed, thanks for reporting. The switch type and polarity in setup are obviously important ! Now I know I'm ok to build a switch. Im quite sure kemper will fix looper location in release..

• I've got the external switches working fine. And I *think* that at point I had it working POST, but somehow it got switch to PRE and I'd like to switch it back. How do you do that if you don't have the Kemper Remote? Thanks

From page 11 of the 4.0 reference manual

By setting the Looper Location switch in the respective System menu page, you can choose the position of the Looper in the signal flow.
     Location “Pre”
    The Looper is placed right after the instrument input. It records the pure guitar signal and plays it back into the Stomps Section. When you change Rigs during the playback of the loop, then you'll hear the playback processed by the different Rigs. However, when you perform overdubs, then all overdubs will be run through the same rig as if multiple guitars were played through the same amp at the same time.
     Location “Post”
    The Looper is placed right after the last effect - the Reverb Module. It records the fully processed stereo signal. When you change Rigs during the playback of the loop, then the playback sound will not change! This allows you to play along, or even overdub, with an unlimited number of different Rigs.

• Hi ACY,

Can you say more about *exactly* how you switched the looper location? Thanks!

Good news, you can switch looper location also with greyed out buttons, so just switch the location, it´s working fine!

Very nice update, this! :)

Good news, you can switch looper location also with greyed out buttons, so just switch the location, it´s working fine!

Very nice update, this!

• Ok, I have the foot switch working sorta. Still trying to figure out if it's worth using, as the punch in and out seems flaky. As it stands I had to run Pedal one switch one in normal and switch two in inverse.
    Here is what I get... Switch two I need to hold down to record the length of the loop. I can then hold down switch one to playback loop, but if I lift my foot it stops playing. I can also hit switch two to engage playback continuously in a loop. Hitting switch two again, I can overdub. Hitting switch two again goes back to playback mode, no overdub. Hitting switch one again, stops the loop. Tapping two more times clears the loop ( I think, lol).
    Its not perfect but it does seem to work. Of course I have no way of telling what position the switch is in.

I am using a Digitsch FS3 foot switch I had laying around. The third button does not function, but could be causing unknown issues.

• Not sure it has been mentioned before and maybe this has already been considered by Kemper, but as most of us know, it is possible to get 3 switches with one TRS cable, so theoretically we could have 6 functions on the two sockets. This would need software changes, but would really increase the potential of those external foot switches and we could have all the looper functions.

(one switch on the Tip, another on the Ring and the third operates both Tip and Ring together. This is all done with diodes in the switches)

according manual - yes at the moment.

• Not sure it has been mentioned before and maybe this has already been considered by Kemper, but as most of us know, it is possible to get 3 switches with one TRS cable, so theoretically we could have 6 functions on the two sockets. This would need software changes, but would really increase the potential of those external foot switches and we could have all the looper functions.

(one switch on the Tip, another on the Ring and the third operates both Tip and Ring together. This is all done with diodes in the switches)

Id be happy if they just added 4 functions assignable.

• Ok, I have the foot switch working sorta. Still trying to figure out if it's worth using, as the punch in and out seems flaky. As it stands I had to run Pedal one switch one in normal and switch two in inverse.
    Here is what I get... Switch two I need to hold down to record the length of the loop. I can then hold down switch one to playback loop, but if I lift my foot it stops playing. I can also hit switch two to engage playback continuously in a loop. Hitting switch two again, I can overdub. Hitting switch two again goes back to playback mode, no overdub. Hitting switch one again, stops the loop. Tapping two more times clears the loop ( I think, lol).
    Its not perfect but it does seem to work. Of course I have no way of telling what position the switch is in.

I am using a Digitsch FS3 foot switch I had laying around. The third button does not function, but could be causing unknown issues.

sounds like you haven't set up the switch types and polarity in system menu perhaps

• Id be happy if they just added 4 functions assignable.

The topic was for the Looper button in Vers 4.0.

With 2 double switches you could reach 4 additional slots now. A paradise for step dancer ;)
    You also can use the Looper-, Tuner- and the TAP - button for this purpose - than you would need only 1 additional switch.

• sounds like you haven't set up the switch types and polarity in system menu perhaps

I setup the switch types and the polarity but I think because it's a three button switch it's causing unusual results
    it all works, just not really well/intuitive.