Second problem with new firmware

• Send a mail to support, doesn't really belong in the forums :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Send a mail to support, doesn't really belong in the forums :)

I think it belongs to the forum, cause this is a place for people to get the latest information, f.e. about crashes. So they can decide wether they want to update or not.

• I think it belongs to the forum, cause this is a place for people to get the latest information, f.e. about crashes. So they can decide wether they want to update or not.

Not necessarily. It can also confuse, if the cause happen to be related to something other than a firmware problem. :P

• Answer of Kemper Support:

"Dear stefan, we can reproduce such issues, if MIDI PCs are sent in Performance Mode. This is currently under investuigation!If you know another scenario, please let us know!"

• Hello @Stefans-Kemper, does it happen every time you send PCs in Performance Mode (to go directly to a certain performance slot), or just in specific circumstances? Are CCs ok? Just want to plan ahead -- if PC switching in Performance Mode is not possible at all in this beta version, no use trying it out at my next rehearsal -- I'll have to downgrade beforehand.

• Hello @Stefans-Kemper, does it happen every time you send PCs in Performance Mode (to go directly to a certain performance slot), or just in specific circumstances? Are CCs ok? Just want to plan ahead -- if PC switching in Performance Mode is not possible at all in this beta version, no use trying it out at my next rehearsal -- I'll have to downgrade beforehand.

Don't know exactly.
    Changing between different performances worked, also between different rigs in a performance.
    But then a crash. Don't know exactly what I exactly did just in the moment of the crash.

• So, Stefans: what's your clue on the kemper team? Practically they have devoted themselves for your issue...and solved it!

not an easy thing in these days to have people working for you.

of course, they are doing it for all of us, but now it was you that could take advantage of the support.

you will have for sure a reliable tool for your playing hands, trsut me...or better: trust them ;)

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I just asked a question!!!

• ehi...didn't mean no reprimand...just a gentle conversation. Sometimes words don't reflect the meaning. So, don't take it as personal.

I was just underlining the fact that we have a very nice and punctual help from team and from the community, that is all I was saying.

as I was saying, if we were together: "see? we have a nice product..."

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Is there a new beta out?

There is now. I had problems similar to yours on the old beta in performance mode (didn't get those screens, but my KPA didn't react properly to MIDI commands in performance mode and sometimes seemed to be frozen).
    I checked the new beta 4.0.1 and those problems seem to be solved :thumbup:

• Wow.....
    Are we all to bow on our knees just because one of many things were actually fixed.

You guys are full of yourselves that's for sure!

Let me ask you ... Who's your Customer?

It is KEMPER that should be greatful that there are some willing to put up with this calamity of errors.

A Company that has made millions who has the ability to hire the best programmers on the planet cant implement internal beta testing in a timely fashion ?

Instead all these users put there capitol into a product that never becomes stable with regard to a Beta or Official Release to date.

You belittle customers when they complain and then expect slobbering adilattion when you fix one obvious progrsmming oversite !

I guess this is the age we live in today...
    Be happy with mediocure ....

Steve Job's would have done this thing right!

Know to be fair Line 6 has there own problems with Helix at this time.

Funny how both companies had choose similar Ic's for the User Interface circuitry?

Mmmmmmmm!

I think we have a big problem NASA....

How many KPA have been sold?
    By the number that had been touted that yielded A whole lot of R&D money....

There is no reason why this products development is moving at a snail's pace having to rely on its customers to vet it.

Either Mr. Kemper is living well. Or the money is being used for something else.

KPA V 2.00 Hardware.

How's everyone going to swallow that bitter pill.

I mean all that R&D money isn't being spent on this platform. The remote didn't cost much...

So I suspect the marketing strategy is to keep dribbling these releases and keep the beta testing publics hands full and keep the others intrest to wait it out until the next gen is ready for release ..

Only then will we see what the wizard of KPA has instore for the faithful.

My hope is that Mr. Kemper is as brilliant of a business man as he is to computer science and will make it possible for all of us to upgrade our existing hardware by purchasing a set of replacement cards which will be substsntially less than purchasing the next gen in its entirety. Thus fixing everything crashes , boot time along with upgrading the processing power and memory to deliver the product that he intended us all to own. Second to none.

At that moment all of this investment of the customers time pay off.

So if any of you reading this work for Kemper I'd think twice about the way you treat unhappy customers that only want the product they invested their money into ( That you get A paycheck from ) to work properly without headaches or rubing their stomachs while patting their head and clicking their heals three times.

I've got my bullet proof vest on and a German helmet with the KPA logo on it ... Ready for incoming Sir!

• Man, I can't relate to that rant, coming from a TC G-System, the support and pace here are amazing. The whole Beta testing thing kind of implies that bugs are likely to be found. I for one like the opportunity to try things out in advance. I also do not agree with comments that the Kemper has never been stable. If apple had built this thing, we would be paying for every accessory, the rig exchange would be an app store and every upgrade would require a new style connector and accessory lol.

Life is too short to be so bitter about a product, used Kemper's are easy to sell, just saying :D