Newbie Remote Question

• Hello-

I am anxiously awaiting picking up my Profiler and remote this Sun.

Couple of questions;

1.) Is there a place online where I can browse rig names so I can have a list to start with when I start programing? I downloaded the rig manager app but it is empty.
    2.) The remote has a nice feature setting up a bank of 5 rigs in Performance mode but I am used to the standard bank increments and having 10 presets per bank. I often use a set of 10 presets to cover a time period of the music I am covering, for instance 70's music, 80's etc. It looks like I will have to mentally shift to having a performance for each song instead and I am concerned about navigating with just the up and down buttons.

How have the rest of you made the transition with this layout?

Do I need to get a midi switch just to handle navigating from preset 72 to 90?

Honestly, the 5 slots with 4 stomps per is great and should cover even the most complex needs but a song like "Changes" from Yes is going to push it to the limit.

Any advice would be appreciated!

• Welcome onboard Paul !

The website has a search function as well ; https://www.kemper-amps.com/rig/exchange

The Rig Manager should allow you to browse the Rig Exchange as well.

The new morphing feature allows parameters each rig in a performance to be changed so you could use the 5 rig slots at heel and then have different sounds at toe on the expression pedal.You can also use the pedals on top of these as well.which increases the possibilities.

• Good call on the website version of RE!! I never use that so didn't remember it was even there. I don't believe he can use RM to browse RE until he logs in with his account, not positive on this.

• Good call on the website version of RE!! I never use that so didn't remember it was even there. I don't believe he can use RM to browse RE until he logs in with his account, not positive on this.

If he's here and posting is he not already logged in ?

Edited 2 times, last by Robman ().

• 2.) The remote has a nice feature setting up a bank of 5 rigs in Performance mode but I am used to the standard bank increments and having 10 presets per bank. I often use a set of 10 presets to cover a time period of the music I am covering, for instance 70's music, 80's etc. It looks like I will have to mentally shift to having a performance for each song instead and I am concerned about navigating with just the up and down buttons.

Honestly, the 5 slots with 4 stomps per is great and should cover even the most complex needs but a song like "Changes" from Yes is going to push it to the limit.

Anyone who mentions Yes in a post automatically gets a +1 from me... :D big early Yes fan here... but I digress...

I don't think you need to worry too much about this. Even though you have 'only' five slots per performance, changing to the next performance is just as simple as changing to a different slot in the current performance - its just a foot click on a different button. Using the Up/Down buttons is no different or more difficult than using the other buttons. (even with my double-wide feet I have gotten used to clicking the correct button) You could conceivably have three performances (15 slots each) to cover one song if necessary and it would (in my opinion anyways) be just as easy to change through them as a 10 or 15 bank 'scene' from other units. You may have to be careful about organization and make sure certain settings are set properly (for instance, if you are on slot five of performance one, when you go to performance two, you can have it automatically stay on slot five or go to slot one of performance two - but these are global changes so your organization has to be sound).

• Welcome to Kemperland!
    There are plenty of good rigs that come with the Kemper. Just browse and play.
    The remote is so simple to use, you have no need to worry about the 'transition'.
    Enjoy playing the best piece of gear you are ever likely to buy!
    Cheers
    Pre-Amp

• Ok, one live gig under my belt and enjoying the benefits of being able to hit a stomp instead if recalling a complete new rig where in the past something as simple as adding a chorus effect on the chorus needed a new patch.

My biggest problems though are in navigating through the rigs. It's pretty cool to be able to have an individual performance for each song but truthfully I am 20 yrs. + into thinking in terms of 60. Is my clean dry, 61clean chorus rev, 64 lead del, etc.

I think I am going to have to get a MIDI controler with the big segmented display to really see thiese performance numbers and create one or two banks of 10 basic performances that will cover my bread and butter sounds then program a handful of special case scenarios.

I think the Kemper controller is great but would love to see a double version with a standard bank up and down and room for 10 performances. Double size display for old men like me (I can't see so good!) and red segmented LEDs for rig/ performances.