Returned my powred head w/ remote....

• Had to return my powered head with remote as I figured out I only need the non-powered toaster. In the meantime, I had to play a gig with my JVM rig which I still like, but what I wanted to share was the realization of how much bass I had in my amp rig. The kemper has helped me with my other rig to sit better in the mix. I couldn't believe it. I love the low end..like many people, but too much and I got buried by the bass and kick drum.

I decided to make the full leap and get a powered monitor of sorts and just bring my Kemper to gigs. I love the idea of a fast and simple set up. I will be using my pod hd500 as the midi controller.

Ok, that's all I wanted to share. Thanks everyone for the great tips in making the switch over to the Kemper.

Steve

• My brother's JVM 410H and Marshall-cab combination exhibits the same characteristics.

Some years ago I managed to convince him to dial extra bass out of his channel settings, which he did to good effect. Straight away his guitar sat better in his live mixes; no recordings have been made since the dial-out. One session was recorded years prior to this, a Slash cover, and I still haven't bothered to finish the mix 'cause I was fighting the woolliness of the rig's sound (part of the bassey thing) all the way, and hence gave up once I realised it was a losing battle.

It's instructive, this experience you've had, and IMHO it demonstrates how far your sound has come since the heady (woolly?) days of the JVM.

Bravo, Steve, and thank you for sharing mate.