Enhanced search function in Rig Manager

• I'm pretty damn happy with my Kemper. But I would definitely like to see some improvements to Rig Manager. Namely, it would be great to have more of a filter-based search function.

I have over 7700 profiles in my collection. Let's say I want to quickly find all Friedman amp profiles that were matched with a Marshall cabinet. Right now I have to enter "Friedman" into the search box, then start scrolling until I find those that were done with a Marshall cabinet.

What I am envisioning is like an iTunes style column-based search, where you first pick the amp, then the cabinet, then whether it's boosted or not, then maybe even the mic used.

Whatchoo think?

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Also a cab managing function which was also requested month ago.

Yes and preset managing.
    These 3 functions, more possibilities for filtering, Cab- and Preset managing would make life easier and are requested at regular intervals.

Frank - your "like" is missed at OP's posting ;)

• quote='Sharry','https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/28931-Enhanced-search-function-in-Rig-Manager/?postID=308226#post308226']

Also a cab managing function which was also requested month ago.

Yes and preset managing.
    These 3 functions, more possibilities for filtering, Cab- and Preset managing would make life easier and are requested at regular intervals.

Frank - your "like" is missed at OP's posting ;)[/quote]

Done (-;

• Actually the three features I'm missing in RM. If I had those (flawless of course), and Editor would become redundant for me.

For me a more functional RM also would have a higher priority than a editor.
    Generally I look for a Profile which could fit and make only small changes to set the volume and to set it for the guitar I use.
    An RM with preset and Cab management and effective filtering would give me a substantial advantage in the search for a matching profile for a song and a substantial better access to cabs and presets I like and know already.
    At the moment it is almost by chance to find a fitting profile. Because there are so much and it is hardly possible to make a structured archive. (Only 2 structure Level and one filter criterium)

But anyway - for me it is unimaginable how the long-term users sooner could live without RM as it is now. :whistling:

My point of view is based by the way I use the Kemper. I am a player , I do not record or produce and I do not profile..

• Nope. Incorrect weight, dear Gianfranco. ;)

You can only add 2 levels within the Local Library folder. You cannot create folders alongside it (the LL folder, which is the lowest level, logically speaking, that you'd imagine you might be able to use) - verify this by right-clicking on "All Rigs", which, if it were possible, would provide the option to do so.

At the highest level, if you right-click on a folder within a folder that's in your Local Library, the option is greyed out.

I'm on RM 1.5.16 'cause I'm still on FW 3.1.4, so I can't speak for later versions. If an additional level had been made possible 'though, I'm sure I would've heard about it.

• I guess it's only a matter of how we're counting them? :)
    I can create two sublevels in Local Library, which for me creates a 3-level structure.
    To be rigorous, being "All Rigs" the root, my highest folder level would be the fourth... So I should have more properly talked of a 4-level structure. A real example from mine:

All Rigs -> Local Library -> Single Coil -> Strato

What am I missing?

• The fact that only two of the levels are under your control.

Everything you create has to reside in the Local Library folder, so it, along with anything above it, is redundant to the point.

We can create two levels. The fact that we have to navigate our way there via any number of other levels is irrelevant IMHO. If 10 levels which we had no control over existed above our two possible ones, would we say that we have 12 levels to play with?

To be fair, you said we can "create a 3-level structure", which, whilst we're only creating two levels, is the end result... or is it? Your logic would have it that we actually have 4 levels. The fact that we can't place anything alongside the "All Rigs" folder holds true for the "Local Library" one too.

Hope you're well, GianFrancBro'. :D

• It's all good :)
    I clarified the fact in the eventuality that Harry had not found yet to be able to create two sublevels in any level below the root.
    Since we seem to be aware of the way it is, I am done here :D

• I clarified the fact in the eventuality that Harry had not found yet to be able to create two sublevels in any level below the root.

Many years I had to deal with data based applications.
    Some are written by myself.
    Do'nt worry - the RM is not really a mystery to me ;)

• Oh, I was not doubting of you competence X)

So this kind of structure is what dB engineers define "2 structure Level"?
    Interesting :) I could have defined it in many ways, but not per the above!
    Luckily I earn my living differently... :P

• @.Gianfranco> Call it as you like. I have no interest in a semantic discussion about an issue that has always been clear. Especially not in a foreign language.

@ mightypudge> Sorry for disturbing your thread. It arises when I extended your Feature request.