Diezel VH4 Lammert Custom Profile

• I have spent well over $50 on profiles that I'll never use. If this was a rock profile that would work for me, I would have no problem buying it. (Too metal for my style though) The Michael Wagener packs are not cheap. There's a killer amp called a Splawn that I totally love. Happy with the MW pack just because of that one amp. If this tone and cab work for you, $50 is cheap.

• I think it's perfectly fine to charge whatever price you want to charge. It is not like he takes advantage of imbecile people nor does he hold a good of basic needs. A Kemper Profile and especially this one specific Kemper Profile is a luxury good, no one actually needs to survive. It's not like he sells medication for a price that makes dependent people poor. If you think it's too much, don't buy it. There are lots of different vendors out there who might (in all respect) meet your specific sound-requirements even more. Furthermore, what is the value of a profile? Where do we know that 1$ per profile is fine? I would not buy it as well, but not because I'd feel ripped off or because it breaks decorum, but simply because I don't see the the value for that specific profile to have it. Someone might. And I won't think he's imbecile, I promise. ;)

• well, have a look at Accept, Saxon, Amon amarth, Trivium, Hell, Carcass, Whitechapel etc...they're using the studio profiles live.
    Despised Icon, Ole Drake etc are using my studio profiles live as well (among MANY others), and so do I...maybe that's what seperates a good profile ftom a not so good one...I don't know, I'm not using other people's profiles.
    I'm using mine live and in the studio without any issues.

All these great bands use live the same profiles that they used for recording, but not without any tweaks. So you can't claim that your profile is 100% perfect for recording AND live use without any tweaks.

I find it puzzling and irritating that the amount of money I choose to charge for MY work excites you so much that you decide to go out of your way and keep arguing.
    if 50$ is too much for you, just move on...simple as that.

I find it puzzling and irritating that the amount of money you choose to charge for your work is 50$ for just one profile and that you think that you have done something so special that no commercial seller has done until now. You also know yourself that the price is high by accusing us before we can even say anything, this behavior says it all. If you think that your profile is better than others you should prove it somehow or tell us what makes it so special. There is no magic in creating profiles, that's what i know. Just some do it better, but there is also a limit.

If this tone and cab work for you, $50 is cheap.

That's a big IF...if not, you have lost 50usd for a single profile...just like that :P

For anybody interested in demo profiles, I believe there are a couple handfuls of Lasse Lammert profiles in the factory rigs.

I mentioned them in my previous post. I asked him to compare them to his vh4 profile but he didn't. He must offering something so special to charge it 50$ more, right?

• Quote from metalmike

bla bla bla

yeah mate, I think we've established already that I'm the devil and the price I put on my own work is the worst thing that has ever happened to you, you have every reason to be absolutely furious...you SHOULD be personally offended by what I charge for my work.
    ..how dare I??!!

i don't have the time or nerve to keep feeding your so very reasonable anger though.

...but you feel free to keep bumping this thread...creates interest in my auction after all :*

• First of all...i don´t understand some people discussing about the price of that profile.
    Many people beg for a Lasse Lammert Profile or for a profile of some other known producer (insert name here)
    "Come on i buy it..tell me the price! I dont care!" etc.
    Than finally they get the option to buy one - to a fairly cheap price...much less than some others would be willed to pay and than they are still not happy and talking things down.
    To what will that lead? Maybe to the point that some other known producer (insert name here) who are thinking about doing something similar comes to a point of "oh i better don´t do that...they dont appreciate it anyway..i have more important things to care about anyway...."

Also i personally don´t get the point why a very good Profile that works great in the studio - needs to be tweaked for live use. I never do that. Why should it not work great live?
    Such profile will make the work of the FOH even easier - because it does not need further EQ to make it work.
    Of course not all profiles will work for you...even if they are good ones. But if this is the case - pick another one.
    Talking about this profile from Lasse..he shows it to you with different guitars and different tunings and different pickups - to get an idea.
    If your own guitar/pickup/tuning is similar..and you like the tone you hear - i bet this will work for you.

• Believe it or not i am not angry or furious, maybe you are and is crystal clear from post no1 and all your behavior. I have already found the best profiles for metal and hopefully i didn't have to pay a fortune for them. I am just having a discussion here that you are trying to avoid for your own reasons. You can't justify the price and you practically say to us that we must have faith in you that the profile is special for some unknown reason and best of them all etc. You are right, posting here creates interested in your auction, I am just sorry for the people that will buy your profile because they think that it has something special magic to it, but it hasn't because it can't.

• if i was looking for a vh4-profile i would give it a try. i guess lasse's work is totally worth the price.
    by the way the amp costs 3k? okay, it's just one out of 4 channels, that would be 750€, you can tweak it if you want to, so there's still plenty of chances that it works for you. i agree that a youtube video is not the best try-before-buy-option but this should be the only thing to argue about. there are many things in life we buy without knowing if they're really worth their price and we are not able to return'em.
    maybe we are all a little spoiled by the abundant supply of profiles that one easily forgets about the saving of time AND money.
    so, to all you busy profilers out there:
    thanks a lot. i really appreciate your work!

• Guys, let me be clear.

• You are welcome to spend whatever you like on profiles. $50. $100. $5000. I don't care. It's your money and you are free to do with it what you please. However I do remember a recent post by another commercial profiler who was called out for charging too much, and it was way less than $50 for a single profile. Some consistency would be nice. Or do we give a free pass to certain profilers?
    • I have no issue with anyone charging whatever they want for profiles. I understand there is work that goes into making profiles and you can value your time as you see fit.
    • What I took issue with was the tone of the original post. Coming on this forum - where we are accustomed to a much more moderate tone - with a post like that is just not necessary. I much prefer a more moderate, user friendly tone. And yes, I'm speaking for the "pathetic little twats" that might consider this profile to be too high an investment.

As a happy Kemper owner I have had an opportunity to try many free profiles, including those by Lasse and many others. I've also purchased my fair share of commercial profiles and will continue to do so. However I choose to purchase from vendors that respect my opinion and recognize that customer feedback is not only warranted, but expected.

As you were, folks.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Hi Lasse/ALL

Lasse thanks for this, ill pick this up, would you ever offer a service to get a decent 9 string sound (sent to you via reamping of cause)
    For example, i have a 9 string (not active , i cant stand those) would i be able to send you some reamping files and say this is for clean
    this is for distortion etc and would you be able to make a profile ? if so how much my friend?

can be what ever amps you think would go well :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Quote from mightypudge

You are welcome to spend whatever you like on profiles. $50. $100. $5000. I don't care. It's your money and you are free to do with it what you please. However I do remember a recent post by another commercial profiler who was called out for charging too much, and it was way less than $50 for a single profile. Some consistency would be nice. Or do we give a free pass to certain profilers?

Consistency: well, not every car manufacturer sells their cars for the same price. Everyone needs to calculate for themselves what amount of gear, time and knowledge goes into creating a product and then adjust the price accordingly.
    but I agree, most profiles (actually all of them) are being sold way too cheap.

but I can see that...I guess if you're not Coca Cola, trying to make a living selling cans and bottles of pop, you can afford selling the recipe for the beverage out of your mom's basement on the Internet.
    I'll gladly go more into detail when I'm sitting at my computer later, but to summarize it and stick with the coke analogy...this is how it DOESN't work:

client: "I want a can of coke, please"

CC: "that'll be 1$"

client: "hm, I can't afford 1$ right now, but I really want a coke and nothing else, no substitute/compromise"

CC: "fair enough, here's the original recipe and all the ingredients, so you can make your own coke this time and all future times...that'll be 10 cents, thank you"

I think it's easy to see that that would be a rather stupid move on CC's part, right ?

but as I said, I'll explain the pricing policy a bit more detailed later. I'm always happy to respond to serious questions. I just choose to ignore questions like "that's a joke, must be a joke"...if someone asks me how I came up with that number I'm happy to explain, and will do so later.

Quote from mightypudge

What I took issue with was the tone of the original post. Coming on this forum - where we are accustomed to a much more moderate tone - with a post like that is just not necessary. I much prefer a more moderate, user friendly tone. And yes, I'm speaking for the "pathetic little twats" that might consider this profile to be too high an investment.

Well, now that's a point I could understand.
    it's a copy/paste from my yt channel/FB though, people there are used to a rougher tone with a little *wink* and understand sarcasm. Probably mainly cause they know me/my style of posting.
    To be honest I didn't think anyone would take it that seriously or even get offended by that.
    if that's the case, sorry about that.
    it wasn't my intention to offend you, but it's the Internet, it's gonna happen if you don't know the person who says something well enough to understand how they meant it (same ist true outside the Internet of course).

• hey mate,
    yeah, big part of my job.
    it's actually how I usually sell profiles, one-off custom tailored only....people here will hate the pricing though:).
    But I will respond to this in detail later as well

cheers

• Thanks brother , BTW i think its worth it for your time ;)
    Take time :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I wonder what could be so magical/custom in profile made with a single sm57 and Mesa cab? :S

Stay Metal!

nothing, miking skills and room etc have no effect,
    that's why Andy Sneap's guitar tones for example sound exactly like some [insert internet kid]'s guitar tones..after all they're both using a 5150 and mesa, mic'd with 57, right?
    that was sarcasm btw ;)

But I'm actually surprised that you ask that question, after all you're creating profiles yourself.
    if it's just the cab and mic, all the mesa+57 profiles on Rig Exchange would sound the same...but obviously they don't.

Or would you really say that your mesa+57 profiles sound the same as any other mesa+57 profiles out there? Maybe you should use that to advertise your product "buy my profiles, they sound exactly like all the free mesa+57 profiles out there, cause after all there's nothing special about miking a v30 with a 57"... :P
    You should know better

• if it's just the cab and mic, all the mesa+57 profiles on Rig Exchange would sound the same...but obviously they don't.

Sure, all mesa cabinets sounds with specific "fizz" character. Of course, Traditional 412 is slightly different than Oversized 412 or Recto 212 or even Stiletto, but still all amps sounds with "mesa cab" character. But lets talk about Mesa 412, still cant find info Which exactly cab you used? Straight, Slant Traditional Oversized? and then... :D It's not a big secret that in 90% of cases, the "best" sounding is the upper right speaker, (even if you use another one) we have single sm57 to mic this speaker.

Best and fuller sounding pos in this case is on axis mic pos. We can not listen how your profile sits in the mix (mic pos is a key), which for me is very important, but I assume that you have used just one of these items. 1 2 3 or 4 yes maybe moved a bit in the left or right (depend on amp setting) 1 and 2 sounds more balanced and compared to 3 and 4 with same amp setting darker than 3 and 4. And now do you still thinking thats some guys creating profiles with single sm57 and recto cab (even they are noobs like Me) cant place mic almost in the same pos what You? So i'm asking again what is so special/custom/ or magic in micing a one speaker with single sm57?

Maybe you should use that to advertise your product "buy my profiles, they sound exactly like all the free mesa+57 profiles out there

no comment.

BTW.

I know all my cabs better than you know me. I'v made profiles in 6 diff rooms so far, i know what is changed and what no. (I'm still a noob, and I'm still learning) but I know one thing, there is nothing special, custom in single V30 speaker from Mesa cab miced with single sm57. Profile solo sounds ok, don't know how fit in the mix or in a live situation, that's all what i can say.

Peace and Love!

Stay Metal!

• k, here's some little info about pricing and why I'll never sell a profile for less than 50 (well, except for all the free ones I shared, lol).

As some of you might know my day job is being a music producer.
    Making records is not cheap, so bands (especially bands that don't have financial support from a label etc) are more and more looking to cut down on costs, which is totally understandable.
    One way to save some money but still get close to the professionally recorded guitar sound for your album is REAMPING, that means you record the guitar DI tracks at home or in a cheaper project studio and then have the engineer whom's guitar tones you like and want on your album reamp those DIs.
    Depending on how well known the engineer and how saught after his guitar tones are the price for such a reamping job ranges from about 200 to let's say about 500 (might be more) for just the rhythm guitars of one album.
    Now that is indeed rather cheap if it saves you about 3-5 full days in a studio to track your guitars with the engineer. It's also a fair pice considering that it's almost a full day of work and requires a lot of gear, well tuned rooms and some experience and knowledge (look up what a full day in a well equipped studio WITH a good engineer/poducer would usually cost!).
    So I think we have now established that let's say 300 is not too expensive for such an album reamping job (if you disagree with that, there's really no point in any further argument).

Now lets say the same client asks for a custom profile (I'm now talking about a true custom tailored one, using the DIs of the client etc), creating such a profile not only takes the same (or more!) amount of time, gear, rooms, knowledge, experience, that custom made profile also replaces not only that 300€ reamping job, but also potential future reamping jobs from the same client (if you want the same guitar sound on your next album). So considering all that it should be pretty obvious that such a true custom profile could never cost less than the reamping job it replaces.

Fair enough, this profile is not a true one-off custom tailored profile, but it still might cost me a couple of potential reamping jobs...and viewed from the other side: if this happens to be THE sound someone really wants on their album it might actually save them a lot of money. if 50 bucks is too pricey for you to have your favourite guitar sound on your album, you shouldn't record music in the first place.
    I don't say this is the perfcet sound for everyone, that would be beyond arrogant, but if it's not worth 50 bucks to you, you just don't buy it and look elsewhere.

There's actually one (not so) fun fact you maybe didn't consider...
    I'm being contacted about reampings on a rather regular basis (like I said, it's part of my job)...it's actually happening more and more now that I later hear from the client (or read on a forum) that some kid tries to undercut my price offering MY sounds... literally even saying that and mentioning my name in the process "Oh, Lasse charged you 300 for the album reamping? I'll do it for 150 instead, you'll still get Lasse's sound, cause I'm using his profiles to reamp your guitars" ... now THAT sounds like a bad joke, right?..sadly it isn't!
    So here I am spending tens of thousands for gear and rooms, perfecting the process of both miking and profiling and some kids actively contact my clients offering them to do it cheaper while still using my sounds (from their mom's basement).
    The guitar sound of an engineer is like his finger print, you'll always recognize an Andy Sneap, a Mark Lewis, a Colin Richardson etc.
    None of those guys would EVER share their profiles with you or anyone else...for a very good reason (cause it's NOT just a 57 in front of a Mesa cab, it's not that simple, else we'd all sound the same).
    I myself have been offered as much as 2000€ for a SINGLE profile from albums I produced (an offer that I of course refused, cause I am neither selling profiles of bands I'm working with, nor would I be re-using the same sound for another band)...but it maybe shows you that people are definitely willing to pay a lot of money to get THAT tone they're after...which is no surprise, really, you just have to have a look at how much people are paying for amps, cabs, guitars, pickups etc throughout their live, chasing THAT TONE.

With all that in mind it should be pretty clear why I will never sell my profiles for the amount of $ YOU think is fair. It should also be pretty clear that 50$ is indeed not expensive at all for what you potentially get.
    Either way you should now understand why at least I think so and why I'm not willing to discuss my princing policy any further.
    If this (or any other of my profiles) is not what you're looking for, I'd strongly advise you to not buy anyway, cause I want everyone who's using anything with my name on it to be happy.
    But if this IS exactly the tone you want on your record or you wanna play with and you think 50$ is too expensive to achieve your tone, you should maybe consider another hobby.
    Either way, the bottom line is: I have my reasons for the number I put on things, if you think it's not worth that much, just don't buy it...move on and stop wasting everyone's time.

But yeah..I don't think I really have to justify why I'm doing things the way I'm doing them...still, you now have your explaination, I seriously hope you'll be able to get some sleep now

Love

L

P.S. Additonal note:
    Not that anyone cares, but I actually bought and own these amps and cabs with actual money...I'm not just ordering them from Thomann/MF, profile them and then send them back to make a quick buck (which IMO is the lowest of the low anyway....unfortunately it seems to be common practice among some profile vendors here..sad)

• Quote from sinmix

..stuff

you're actually wrong about a lot of those points, but I'm not here to educate you.
    You can sell your product for whatever amount of $ you like...I seriously don't care at all. But please let ME decide how much I charge for MY product.

you will also never see the CEO of Volkswagen post in a thread the CEO of Mercedes created, complaining to Mr. Mercedes why his cars should be cheaper, please try to be professional
    thanks