Is it possible to use the kemper' usb port to charge a usb driven gear?

• Like the line6 g10 or similar?

It's not only a technical question.
    Kemper stated, that the USB connection is made only for the purpose stated in their manuals and its highly recommend only to use accordingly.
    You will not get a positive answer.

BTW: Welcome ! :)

• The ports on the Profiler are not intended to be used to power or charge any thirdparty devices.
    Any potential damage that might be caused by using the Profiler outside of its specifications are not covered by your warranty.

• Yes, it can be done, but it's been explained elsewhere on the forum that the Kemper's port/s was / were not designed for this purpose and, I think, that damage could result. I think the voltages are different or something.

Obviously, as HJS said, you'll blow your warranty as well as part of your Kemper should things go wrong.

On that note... welcome, JENP!

• The Kemper reference manual states the the USB ports are USB 2.0 (FS). They are not specified as charging ports. As such they should be able to provide up to 500mA @5V. The G10 manual states it requires 5V at 1A. So, based on the specs, the Kemper USB port cannot be used to power the G10.
    Having said that I have found that the G10 only draws the higher current when it is charging so, for performance, it seems to work fine. But this is not guaranteed because Line6 don't provide a power profile for operation (non-charging).

It seems that the Kemper has some sort of thermal protection for the Vbus (5V) power on the USB because I tried running it with a G10 that had a completely flat battery and the Kemper stopped supplying power. I plugged the G10 in to it's supply and charged it and turned the Kemper off for 5 minutes and back on and when I connected them directly again everything worked and has continued to do so ever since even when topping up the battery on the g10 bug.

I don't think trying to draw more power than the USB spec/Kemper allows for will damage the Kemper - that would be a very poor design - it could cause the unit to break just by plugging in a broken USB flash stick.