Suggetions for Kemper / PA speaker rig set up

• I'm planning on getting a Kemper and one, or two, Yamaha DBR PA speakers for a sort of mini-rig. My question is how would I plug my phone into the Kemper to play MP3's to jam along with?

I'm a newb...so sorry if this is a stupid question!

• Just got my Kemper! Have a few questions:

1) What's the difference between direct profiles and regular profiles?
    2) Can anyone recommend the "best" (subjective I know) profiles (free or not) for heavy stuff?

Thanks!!

• Direct profiles exclude the cab, using a DI box to profile a head as an example. As for profiles I'd go over all the factory rigs first, I use quite a few of them even now years later, they're some truly great profiles in there. After that I'd check out rig exchange, I always seem to be able to find great amps there. I have bought commercial packs but only when I need a specific amp that I can't find anywhere else. Not against the commercial side at all I just like to hint to newcomers that you don't have to buy anything more to get great tones, it will just take more effort to weed through the masses out there. There are also many recommendations for profiles and top notch profilers here in the forum. Cheers!

• 2) Can anyone recommend the "best" (subjective I know) profiles (free or not) for heavy stuff?

It depends on style you prefer, but I CAN'T recommend 95% of factory and exchange rigs cause they sounds very poor compared to profesional profiles.
    JUST try to buy some cheap packs from MICHAL BRITT or TOP JIMI and you should feel the difference. Anyway, it take some time until you find the right ones for your demands.

• Quote from nwolfe88: “
    2) Can anyone recommend the "best" (subjective I know) profiles (free or not) for heavy stuff?”

It depends on style you prefer, but I CAN'T recommend 95% of factory and exchange rigs cause they sounds very poor…

Is there a list anywhere of all the commercial rigs/profiles?

• I don't think that list exists. All free profiles you will probably find on exchange, but it is complete jungle. Anyway, I have just 2 or 3 FREE profiles in my kemper cause I didn't like the others much.
    The comercial profiles you must find in google or check forum posts.

Good ones for few bucks are
    * Michael Britt
    * Top Jimi
    * Soundside

I don't like anymore
    * TAF (The Amp Factory) but Andy is cool guy

YOU CAN TRY free packs from M. Britt a Top Jimi and youll see

• Tone is subjective (and, so is the term "heavy stuff"). You can use Rig Manager to quickly audition sounds from the Rig Exchange. Perhaps searching for a particular amp is the way to narrow things down there.

The Kemper Factory Content that comes loaded on a KPA (and is updated with pretty much each release) has a wide variety of sounds in it. In addition to the sounds commissioned by the folk at Kemper, it also includes Rig Packs from Commercial Profile sellers. They are also available as separate downloads in the Kemper site.

Rather than a Google search, it may be much simpler to look at the "Commercial Announcements" section of the Commercial Rigs area on this message board.

You'll find soundclips, free sample rigs, links to the sellers' websites, and more.

• Thanks everyone! Also, is there a way to move the factory profiles to rig manager and off the Kemper so I can start with a clean slate? Or do I have to delete them for good. If so, is there a way to get the factory profiles back if I ever decided to?

• You can always download the factory pack. Generally - just try to browse through all Kemper site (not only forum) and gain some infos. Manager is great, you can create different sets with files and arrange it as you wish. Very useful.

• Thanks everyone! Also, is there a way to move the factory profiles to rig manager and off the Kemper so I can start with a clean slate? Or do I have to delete them for good. If so, is there a way to get the factory profiles back if I ever decided to?

Rig Manager doesn't really hold any rigs from your Kemper, it just reads what you have and displays it. You can go into the System menu and "delete non-favorites" which deletes all rigs you have not hit the Save button on. From the System menu you can also reload the Factory content anytime you want.