Official Bag Has Damaged My Kemper... Very Angry!!

• UPDATE

The sales team at Kemper have been very helpful and are sending me a replacement bag. I am also returning my profiler to be repaired and checked over. They have also offered to send me a Kemper DI-box as a compensation for the hassle. I am also able to borrow a profiler whilst mine is being repaired as I am extremely busy gigging and recording so cannot be without it.

After checking, they have not heard of such an issue before so I presume I have just been unlucky. I have read many times that Kemper are a very good company when it comes to customer service and this is a great example of that service. Thanks Kemper sales team!

That's what I secretly expected. I love the company (not only but also) for being that helpful, friendly and user/ customer oriented. Awesome!

The Educated Apes: Facebook | Bandcamp

Kemper-Wiki
    [email protected]

Main Rig: KPA Power Toaster + Profiler Remote, 2x Palmer 112 Cab (1x Celestion V30, 1x Celestion CB NEO), ME EP1-KP-GN, Dunlop Cry Baby 95Q, Gibson Memphis ES-339 '16, Gibson Melody Maker '14, Fender Thinline Cabronita '12

• UPDATE

The sales team at Kemper have been very helpful and are sending me a replacement bag. I am also returning my profiler to be repaired and checked over. They have also offered to send me a Kemper DI-box as a compensation for the hassle. I am also able to borrow a profiler whilst mine is being repaired as I am extremely busy gigging and recording so cannot be without it.

After checking, they have not heard of such an issue before so I presume I have just been unlucky. I have read many times that Kemper are a very good company when it comes to customer service and this is a great example of that service. Thanks Kemper sales team!

That is awesome - great customer service.

• UPDATE

Way to go!

• yeah Kemper service is really good, I had a great experience with em too.

Regarding the strap issue, I had the same exact issue with a rockbag (semi soft one) and one of my most precious guitar while getting out of a train, the upper strap broke and the head of my guitar hit the ground , hopefully without any damage but I was pretty anxious about the guitar while checking for it.

these little shitty metal parts were the culprit too !

• UPDATE

How good is that?

Woohoo! :thumbup:

• kemper support is the best!!

this event answers to all the people in this forum that unjustly complains about the support to be slow, to ignore emails, and so on!

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• UPDATE

Great service. As expected.

• yeah Kemper service is really good, I had a great experience with em too.

Regarding the strap issue, I had the same exact issue with a rockbag (semi soft one) and one of my most precious guitar while getting out of a train, the upper strap broke and the head of my guitar hit the ground , hopefully without any damage but I was pretty anxious about the guitar while checking for it.

these little shitty metal parts were the culprit too !

The thing is that these little parts are not metal but alloy! That's why they're prone to brake.

• Michael means that an alloy is just combined metals, so it's not a metal; it's metals, which is metal.

A metal doesn't suddenly become a non-metal somehow when you combine 2 or more. A fruit salad is always a bowl of fruit, whether it be apples alone or 10 different types... including, of course, bananas. :D

• Its really great for Kemper to stand behind their products to the extent that they do. Kudos to the team!!!

I've checked the clips on my bag, to make sure there are no signs of fatigue, and it seems really solid. There are a couple thin parts where I can imagine such a thing happening... so I'll probably be on the lookout for a replacement strap that can be clipped in place to offer more security... just in case.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Michael means that an alloy is just combined metals, so it's not a metal; it's metals, which is metal.

A metal doesn't suddenly become a non-metal somehow when you combine 2 or more. A fruit salad is always a bowl of fruit, whether it be apples alone or 10 different types... including, of course, bananas. :D

Exactly :)

Stainless steel is an alloy, whereas raw iron is not.

If the stuff is cast, then I could see this problem occurring due to air inclusions, particles, whatever.

In general, I have always been leery of this particular design (how the "hook" is attached to the thingy at the end of the strap).

• Michael means that an alloy is just combined metals, so it's not a metal; it's metals, which is metal.A metal doesn't suddenly become a non-metal somehow when you combine 2 or more. A fruit salad is always a bowl of fruit, whether it be apples alone or 10 different types... including, of course, bananas. :D

When you put a force to "metal" piece it will curve not break. Depending on the remaining ingredients of alloy the characteristics change in the field of electric conductivity, plasticity, elasticity, density. I have witnessed many times when these "looked like metal" thingies have been breaking and when you see at the structure closely it is different from piece of metal cut by hacksaw.

• When you put a force to "metal" piece it will curve not break. Depending on the remaining ingredients of alloy the characteristics change in the field of electric conductivity, plasticity, elasticity, density. I have witnessed many times when these "looked like metal" thingies have been breaking and when you see at the structure closely it is different from piece of metal cut by hacksaw.

The observable structure of metals and alloys alike will look very different when broken compared to when cut with a saw.

Metalurgical samples prepared by cutting and grinding will let you see (under a microscope) the structure of the material itself. This structure (eg. grain size) is very dependent on the manufacturing process and the attendant manufacturing process PARAMETERS (heat, cooling time, strains during manufacturing). Certainly adding eg. carbon to a "pure" metal can influence the structure. However, stainless steel is an alloy of iron and other stuff (carbon, zinc, nickel), and is MUCH stronger than pure iron. It will not deform as much before fracture, but that fracture occurs at much higher stresses.

[Blocked Image: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-BV60/Materials/stress_strain%202.jpg]

As you can see from the diagram, even high carbon alloys will also "curve" before they break, just not as much. But that's not really a bad thing by itself (at least not in this application).