Awaiting my powerrack + remote

• Thanks all. Still waiting but perhaps someone can answer a question about the remote...

When you switch between slots on a performance, does it remember which stomps you had enabled when you switch back?

Example: Slot 1 is a clean sound, and stomp 2 is set up to be a chorus effect. I enable the chorus and play a bit. Then I want an overdrive sound that's in slot 2 so I do that. If I go back to slot 1 (using the remote), will the chorus still be on? Or can you run it either way?

• Thanks all. Still waiting but perhaps someone can answer a question about the remote...

When you switch between slots on a performance, does it remember which stomps you had enabled when you switch back?

Example: Slot 1 is a clean sound, and stomp 2 is set up to be a chorus effect. I enable the chorus and play a bit. Then I want an overdrive sound that's in slot 2 so I do that. If I go back to slot 1 (using the remote), will the chorus still be on? Or can you run it either way?

It will be recalled as it was last saved, so if you changed anything during your playing, it would not remember it.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Your videos are funny as hell. Love your videos and your studio. (If anyone is interested he has some good ones on youtube.) I know both you and I, will be lusting after a Diezel Paul profile. Good Luck. It will be worth it.

• They arrived yesterday!

Props to GAK in Brighton for the best price (by a long way) and a free speaker cable when I asked for one.

I've only had a chance to play through headphones, with one guitar, for less than an hour.

First, I installed the rack into a case (safety first). Then I installed 4.0.6 software (didn't want to learn stuff that I'd have to unlearn when I upgraded). Finally, after dinner, getting kids to bed etc. the time came.

I hooked it up to the laptop and got rig manager running. I'd already searched out and found a load of profiles I particularly wanted to try. First on the list was the famous Morgan AC20 profile - and I was immediately home. Noodled around for ages, playing with gain, pick attack and pickup controls to see how it responded. Very nice.

I've heard about the difference between amp-in-the-room and miced-amp-in-the-next-room. Maybe I'm weird but I immediately noticed this and *liked* it. Much better to hear what the listener is going to hear (through FOH/in the mix etc.) than what I'm necessarily used to.

Lovely reverbs. No fizz (well, some fizz on the fuzzier pedal settings, like Early Fripp - which doesn't sound as right to me as it allegedly did to Robert himself).

My other favourites I've tried so far are the Fender Champ + timmy profiles from ToneHAWK (which I bought before getting the KPA!). Also some Divided by 13 sounds.

Hopefully I'll try it out through a speaker cabinet tonight - and maybe with some other guitars. But loving the little I've had so far.

• I've now registered, so hopefully I'll be able to be opinionated on some of the other areas of the forum where I've been mute so far.

This thing is a beaut. Threw the bass, LP-style guitar and 335-style guitar at it. If you've got the right kind of profile for what you like, it's fantastic. I found that I much preferred some people's profiles to others that I tried (professional ones, not just rig exchange). But once I found one that I liked, playing with the pitch effects in particular was loads of fun.

The Sinmix blackstar profile the chap just gave away for free is fantastic with the LP. I've not used high gain amps, admittedly but that's great. Transpose down a tone or two and fun stuff happens.

Loving toneHAWK's JRT 9/15 and Champ profiles.

Still all headphones though. It's well past midnight here. I'll get to play loud soon though, and try my hand at profiling.

• I'll just make one final update here and then I'm done.

Used the KPA + remote live for the first time yesterday - had no time beforehand to setup sounds/performances just as Iike them but managed to get by OK. The very picky keyboardist/producer liked what he was hearing but I could only share the vocal monitors for my sound.

Got home and managed to play for hours and get a lot more set up, which is great - so I'm much more prepared for next time. Rolling with the @LanceKonnerth ToneHAWK Divided by 13 JRT 9-15 EL84 modes 2-4 now. Wow, that was a handful to type out. But they're the right kind of Voxy sounds for me. That's with an LP-style guitar primarily using both pickups.

And this morning I've been able to use the monitor out (with cab disabled) and run it into the effects return of my small Laney combo with pleasing results - that should work just fine so the drummer etc. can hear me OK next time round. At some point I'll hopefully sell that, get a decent cab/monitor. And I'll be selling my pedals too, to fund some expression pedals to get the full musical expression out of the Kemper.

But yeah, I had extremely high expectations of the KPA. And although they've not been blown away, they've been completely met. And when I went into this thinking that this is the most revolutionary bit of kit since overdrive was discovered, that's saying something.

Stage One: Buy Kemper
    Stage Two: Learn to play
    Stage Three: ????
    Stage Four: Profit.

• Thanks for all your nice comments :thumbup: Makes me happy to know that some of my sounds are bringing you sonic joy and that you are digging your new Kemper! Yeah I love it man! Seriously such a game changing piece of gear for me. I've used it on so many sessions now, and still amazed and impressed with what it brings. I still do record amps using mics for some things, but more and more just tracking using the Kemper. And no one has even mentioned a thing with the tracks I've sent, other than "cool tones!" so…I don't say a thing haha ;)