Rig Manager Keeps Adding Back Deleted Rigs

• So I am new to the Kemper and Rig Manger, but figured it out quickly enough. One thing that is very frustrating though, every time I plug the Kemper into the computer and fire up Rig Manager, it adds back all the rigs that I deleted to my KPA. In a nutshell, I have marked about 37 rigs as favorites (5 of which are my own profiles), then I delete all the rest. I am sure I am deleting them because Rig Manager warns me that this action can't be undone. When everything is right, "My Profiler" will have 37 rigs and I also copy them local, which has 37 rigs. But every time I plug in via USB, it adds back all the rigs... back to 375. I am sure (hope) there is a simple setting somewhere, but would greatly appreciate some assistance. Thanks in advance!

• Rig Manager always reflects what's in your Profiler. I believe those Rig don't get deleted in your Profiler. Please download the late latest Rig Manager beta 1.6 and check if the issue persits. If so, please contact support by email.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Yes had this happen more than a few times. Rig manager doesn't always delete the rig from the Kemper that is the issue, so when you re-connect via USB, Rig Manager sees the rigs you think you deleted and inserts them back in your local folder, sometimes the name of the rig is visible in the profiler still, but the rig produces the same sound as the previous rig you had selected.

The solution is to boot up the Kemper, by holding down (and keep it held down) the RIG Soft Button followed by turning the chicken knob to BROWSE. After say 15 seconds or so it should say something along the lines of Initialising Rigs or Checking Rigs and will go through every effect and Rig removing any "deleted" or corrupt entries. You can release the Rig button now. The process takes a couple of minutes to complete.

Once it's finished it should have loaded a default rig called "CRUNCH" which is a very tweakable and nice rig in itself, you may want to save this as a preset whilst you have the chance. If you now re-connect to rig manager the issue should be gone.

Don't worry about it saying initialising rigs or something similar, the Kemper is not deleting any performances, effects or rigs that you haven't told it to previously, its just cleaning everything up for you.

However.....there are a couple of settings off the top of my head which will need resetting such as Clean/Dist Sense. Whilst I'm not 100% certain of any others that may be reset it would pay to check the following settings after and switch them back to how you like:

Pure Cab
    Output Settings
    Display Colour
    Rig loading preference in Performance mode, i.e. keep slot
    Space

Haven't had this issue so far with Rig Manager 1.6 but had it with all previous versions.

• Ditched the ToneHammer JVM Profile from your live Rig, Liam?

Yeah, I had an ongoing issue with this phantom-Rig thing too. In the end, I solved it by not doing what Liam suggested, which is what RM prompted me to do upon booting the app every time, and which I always did when the Rig number grew by, say, a dozen or more. In effect, I was trying to do a periodic cull. Still the app continued to add one Rig every time I fired it up.

In the end, as I suggested, the one time I ignored the pop-up window's advice to instigate the procedure Liam laid out, and after deleting the offending Rigs on the Profiler, the problem disappeared, never to return.

So, it could be that following Liam's and the pop-up window's advice (if indeed you get that pop-up that states that damaged Rigs were detected when you boot the app) solves the issue, or it could also be, based upon my experience, that ignoring it and deleting them manually will work. If you've done the manual thing, which it sounds like you you have, it might be that it only "sticks" if you do this after dismissing the pop-up window I mentioned, if indeed it appears for you.

Burkhard and I had a rather lengthy exchange trying to solve this, and my "maverick" approach appeared to fix it, but we may never know for sure what the cure was. If you do as G String suggested, you may well find that running the newer version, which obviously wasn't an option for me and I'm guessing Liam too, fixes things once and for all.

• Nicky I'm chopping and changing rigs all the time, I'm as bad as EVH for tone chasing and changing stuff haha. Just preferring my rigs that me and Tim painstakingly created to my exact preference last year again at the minute. To be fair there is usually only small differences in the mids between the rigs I always prefer and use especially as I use the same custom impulse on everything, which makes up a very good portion of my tone, so most are very interchangeable plus I dial everything in very similar to my ears.

Regarding the new Rig Manager as mentioned no issues so far deleting rigs with it and them actually being deleted....but I have only used it with the Kemper for around 2 hours since I updated to 1.6. I usally find it mainly happens during a group delete of say 8 or more profiles, especially if it seems to lag a touch whilst deleting.

• Thanks everyone for all the tips/advice, especially Liam - that did it! For the record, I was already on 1.6 (1.6.26.12403 to be exact) so the software wasn't the issue. But holding down the soft rig key on KPA boot up cleaned it right up. Then, only thing left is now my 35 rigs. So, the re-initialization worked. And even more excited, I profiled my 6505+ through a Mesa 4x12 cab with Vintage 30s tonight and this time it is spot on. Beautiful sound through the Kemper, just like the amp - which is why I bought this rascal.

So spending endless nights tweaking sounds - does it ever end? ha ha...