Back up wont save your Favourites (if you change your name in RM)

• Guys, i had a laptop CRASH, display driver went so off i was to get a new lap top, got the stuff off the hard drive and clicked on my RM
    back up file, to my surprise all my folders were ready to roll, so far so good, i click onto the folders to see my Favorite Stars (that took me months to pick out)

Ziltch , nadda , as we say in Aust, not a kakka....So unless you want to be sorry like me, KEEP A RECORD of your fav's that you click in RM.
    Unless i did some thing wrong, none of my marked Fav's cames up

I am now off to get a lot of beer, Cry and swear at the wall.
    Dont make my mistake <X

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• So sorry to hear about your loss, Brother Ash; I've a vague idea of how much work you put into into it.

Did you by any chance save your preference files, the Application Support (windows equivalent) folder or the one in Documents ("Kemper Amps" folder)? I've a feeling such things might well be stored elsewhere, i.e., not in the backup file itself.

• Thanks Nicky, Yeah, you know how many profiles i have brother , that took me MONTHS, on MANY different guitars, its okay the beer will kick in soon and ill play the i love you kemper song :( Not sure i clicked back up rig manager content, could not find any thing else to click ||

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Ziltch , nadda , as we say in Aust, not a kakka....So unless you want to be sorry like me, KEEP A RECORD of your fav's that you click in RM.
    Unless i did some thing wrong, none of my marked Fav's cames up

favorites are tied to the owner name (the one you choose for your Profiler). if you change the owner name and then rewind to a backup, rigs will not be marked as favorites anymore.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Maybe we should move the thread to feature request???
    Can i say NOOOOOO, makes me feel better, all my fav's gone , noooo!

Nicky i need to come over for a beer...
    Bastard lap top... <X

Ash

• G string thanks so much man, thats the culprit!!! I did change my name..silly me i got what i deserve. :thumbup:
    Thanks man, i hope some one reads this and does not make my mistake.
    Thanks again for the great work and advice

Ash

• Ill try and see if this fixes it and report back, ill re name my old name in RM (preferences) and click the back up file....The new name was just a capitol A in my name, that will do it.

Ash

• okay G string is a genius,...and i am an obvious dumb ass, that worked, i went back re named in preferences to the original name n the back up (DUMB AND DUMBER HERE) and volia ALL BACK!
    Now i just need to empty all the beer i got to drink in depression :thumbup:

Thank you Mods for the GREAT support
    :)

Ash