NAMM 2017

• I am looking for only better looper functions.
    Quantization loops with tap tempo and midi clock.
    Please,give me this feature.!!!!

When the remote was 1st shown @ NAMM, that was the first thing I asked CK about. He seemed surprised that I thought it necessary, and mentioned that it would be a lot of work to code it.

If it happens, I will be happily surprised.

• I think that the reverbs and overdrives should be released pretty soon. An all-in-one floorboard should be in the works (my guess: no later than NAMM 2018)....particularly considering the success that Line 6 has had with the Helix - I imagine that it's hard for CK to watch those missed sales opportunities.

There is at least one more stunning new feature in the works for the current hardware, that may show up at NAMM. Don't ask, I can't say.....I am not an alpha/beta tester; I just talked with CK.

• I think that the reverbs and overdrives should be released pretty soon. An all-in-one floorboard should be in the works (my guess: no later than NAMM 2018)....particularly considering the success that Line 6 has had with the Helix - I imagine that it's hard for CK to watch those missed sales opportunities.
    There is at least one more stunning new feature in the works for the current hardware, that may show up at NAMM. Don't ask, I can't say.....I am not an alpha/beta tester; I just talked with CK.

Will just have to wait and see! I'd buy a floor unit in a heartbeat. I've been on the fence multiple times to downgrade to a Helix just because it's an all in one floor unit. I feel gross just saying it. I've decided to hold out at least till winter NAMM just to see what is next on the horizon.

• I think that the reverbs and overdrives should be released pretty soon. An all-in-one floorboard should be in the works (my guess: no later than NAMM 2018)

I didn't know Kemper was working on overdrives, where did you hear this?

Also, the floorboard unit "should be in the works", is this just speculation from you?

• When the remote was 1st shown @ NAMM, that was the first thing I asked CK about. He seemed surprised that I thought it necessary, and mentioned that it would be a lot of work to code it.

Haha.
    Don't kill me ,but.
    I am not SW programmer and I did Arduino Quantization with KPA.
    I didn't know anything about writing Arduino code.
    After two months I did it.!!!

Sorry again my English.

• I dunno if he meant it was a guess about the year release, or a guess about the floorboard.

I too would like to know where this info was dug up...

As far as Helix being the reason why, Id rather have the rack unit. Why? It doesn't get kicked or stepped on.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• The one advantage I can see with the rack and foot controller unit over a floor all-in-one unit is that the current foot controller is quite small, and there is only a single connection out onto the stage.

An all-in-one controller would have all kinds of cables under-foot.

• Floorboard. would have power cable and a instrument cable to powered speaker or poweramp

I am happy with my PowerRack, and am not looking for an all-in-one floorboard KPA...but I can certainly understand those who would be excited about such a product.

However, I imagine that for many users, there could potentially be a lot more connections on the floor, running out of a notional KPA floorboard.

Besides the power supply cable, you potentially have:

1 x Monitor Out cable to either an active FRFR, or to external power amp then guitar cab or passive FRFR.
    2 x Main Out cables to Mixer / FOH

then, of course, you got 4 more cables for someone who might use the KPA in a 4 CM (cable method) hook-up/configuration, which includes the guitar input cable.

That would make 8 cables, if my count is correct. :D:P

• I have a good idea for NAMM! Profiling OD pedals! Now that would be a cool announcement! Positive Grid is doing it with their Bias Distortion unit, but I think Kemper has the pedigree to do a much better job at it. This would solve their OD options issue. Then people could just profile whatever OD pedals they want! I can dream!

I can't imagine what pedal builders would do if OD pedal profiling went mainstream with a platform like the Kemper. They would probably get really nervous that's for sure.

• Floorboard. would have power cable and a instrument cable to powered speaker or poweramp

Would be great. I use only a small amount of the capability of the Kemper live.
    A profile player (feeded with profiles via KPA) in the remote plus one output volume knob would be enough for me. :)
    But I think I would have a bigger chance to get it, if I would write a letter to Santa Claus than here ^^

• When the remote was 1st shown @ NAMM, that was the first thing I asked CK about. He seemed surprised that I thought it necessary, and mentioned that it would be a lot of work to code it.

Finaly, I bought DigiTech Jamman XT ,today.
    Sorry KPA Team.

• For me, everything but the Kemper belongs at my feet: my two overdrive pedals, my eventide H9 Max and Line 6 m5. This means I'm using the four cable method now, plus midi cables to the H9 and M5, as neither of these are recommended to daisy chain midi. I also need a cat 5 for the remote. Since I play exclusively through IEMs live, there's no reason for the Kemper to be anywhere else than at my feet. For this reason I currently sit my Kemper on the back of my 32x16 pedalboard and manage to fit the rest of my pedals, power supply, and power conditioner all on my pedalboard. It looks silly, but works. Were I to sit the Kemper behind me, I'd need to run 6 cables (3 instrument, 2 midi, 1 cat 5) between the Kemper and pedalboard. That's not counting that I'd now have to provide power to two locations instead of just at my feet. Plus, since I'm not using any sort of speaker, I'd have no where to even sit the Kemper. But an all-in-one, wouldn't look silly like my current set up, would save a little floor space, and could perhaps have multiple effect loops like the Helix. Were I to want to use a powered monitor with this set up, all I would need to do is send a single instrument cable and a power to the monitor. That's a lot less than the 6 cables needed to sit the Kemper behind me.

• forgot to mention that a klon centaur OD would be more than welcome

I said the same thing. Of course someone said, there's profiles with Klons in the front of them saving a slot but that doesn't give any adjustment to the Klon side of things or the ability to stack them with let's say a muffin and change the order around.

They also suggested the idea to use the Mouse with medium to low gain ,dial the tone back and pull the mix down to try to facilitate that sound.

But I'm with ya, I'd like to see an actual Klon, with an option for the buffer as I hear they are legendary!