2017 NAMM will bring?

• Asked about the stand and the few people at the booth at the time were confused and didn't seem to know anything about it.

Didn't get any more info about the reverbs but was volunteered by the rep that people want spring reverb, so they know.

• Quote from HGarlH

I don't miss NAMM. It's much more enjoyable watching the Youtube vids and staying at home.

Says a 50+ year old guy in hair metal bands from the 80's ;)

Now ask me how I know... :D

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Says a 50+ year old guy in hair metal bands from the 80's ;)
    Now ask me how I know... :D

Definitely wasn't me. ;)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Oh, and went to the InMusic booth to check out the Headrush pedalboard but they have it roped off and you have to set a private meeting. Never encountered that before. I decided it wasn't worth it and I'll just wait for someone legitimate to demo it as it's released.

Also, curiously no Fractal or Matrix Amplification booths this year.

• My guess is that fractal doesn't want to have their products compared with other products directly now that there are many modelers that have similar amp modeling at much less price, this would diminish the hype they have built in recent years.
    Imagine going out of a fractal booth after trying an AXE FX II or AX8, then going to the atomic booth and trying amplifire then asking yourself : the modeling is just different flavors and practically similar results are attainable with both units; if I don't need effects, why should I pay that much money? Then you go down to the line 6 booth and helix is there plus a plugin again at a fraction of the cost!!

The Atomic booth is all about the new Amplifire 12. I was impressed with the Amplifire before I bought my Kemper but didn't care for the 3 button design. Now that it's a full floorboard I'd have been tempted by it. Like the black as opposed to red design, as well.

• My guess is that fractal doesn't want to have their products compared with other products directly now that there are many modelers that have similar amp modeling at much less price, this would diminish the hype they have built in recent years.
    Imagine going out of a fractal booth after trying an AXE FX II or AX8, then going to the atomic booth and trying amplifire then asking yourself : the modeling is just different flavors and practically similar results are attainable with both units; if I don't need effects, why should I pay that much money? Then you go down to the line 6 booth and helix is there plus a plugin again at a fraction of the cost!!

With Helix Plugin at $399, line 6 is cornering the market and will take away Fractal's and Kemper's potential sales with the Helix plugin, in case anyone might think I'm just being biased against Fractal because Helix the hardware already took many potential sales from both Fractal and Kemper.

If Fractal and Matrix are at NAMM, they are likely in a hotel room nearby showcasing their products for those interested. Back in the day, those types of companies would put out ads saying which hotel and room number. Now, I'm guessing, it's more by invite only (mainly press) No reason to spend all that money for a booth and display if none of the retailer attendees can order product.

• As a bass player, this one has me pretty exited:

[Blocked Image: http://www.traceelliot.com/includes/images/content/elf_backpocket.jpg]

Not to mention that the 200W Trace Elliot pocket amp looks cool too :thumbup:

But seriously, this might be pretty cool for unpowered KPA users too, assuming that there is no "baked-in" bass tone to it. And knowing Trace Elliot, I suspect that is is just a flat preamp/buffer with a simple EQ that isn't doing anything when set flat. Based on the specs and shape/location of the bump I'd bet big money that the amplifier part is an IcePower 50ASX2 amp, which I've had great luck with.

$299 street.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I think this video is far beyond what anyone would expect NAMM to bring. ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No - sorry if I gave that impression. I just wanted to understand what had been told to folks on the booth. If you go through this thread, it was said but it's a member here stating what they were told, nothing more.

It was confirmed to me at NAMM but in the Kemper-esque "we don't want to give too much away" way. Also asked about a floor based model today and was given, once again, a very Kemper-esque tight-lipped response which was, "mayyybe... would be kind of weird if we didn't, wouldn't it?"

So, editor and floor model on the horizon. Good luck wrangling any more info than that from them hahaha.

• New Kemper video, aber ich kann nicht viel verstehen:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.