2017 NAMM will bring?

• 55+ year old guys who used to play the Sunset Strip in hair metal bands pretending to still be relevant roaming around in their old stage clothes.
    LOUD everywhere.Rude and snobbish amateur folks everywhere acting as if they are incredible musicians. (Meanwhile,the actual incredible musicians at the show are humble and nice.)

It is like this on every music fair I have been.No matter where this fair was.Dante´s Inferno..isnt it;And then people come and tell you:"dont talk this cynical..be positive.." :/

• The past number of years this is sadly very accurate. NAMM started as a B2B tradeshow but has turned into what it never said it would be: a visitor-centric fair. They also used to patrol the halls with decibel meters and warn/shut down booth violators. Especially the past 2-3 years I've hardly seen any of those guys and being that we're right next to a guitar booth, it's like being in a fucking Guitar Center. Now when I leave instead of just my feet and joints being sore from standing for 10 hours, I'm completely fatigued from constant droney noise.

• The past number of years this is sadly very accurate. NAMM started as a B2B tradeshow but has turned into what it never said it would be: a visitor-centric fair. They also used to patrol the halls with decibel meters and warn/shut down booth violators. Especially the past 2-3 years I've hardly seen any of those guys and being that we're right next to a guitar booth, it's like being in a fucking Guitar Center. Now when I leave instead of just my feet and joints being sore from standing for 10 hours, I'm completely fatigued from constant droney noise.

Nah. Nothing. Nothing tops the stupor inducing cacophony of the Drum Hall. X/;(

• What would really be handy is a stage stand for the toaster that' s at least 4 feet high, cant be knocked over 'coz its got wheels and folds up small to go in the boot of a car, everything else is icing,I want cake!

• The NAMM show doesn't officially open until 10 AM, Pacific time, so you east coasters it's 1 PM and for you Europeans, UTC time around 18:00.
    (Opps.....got my times wrong...I think 18:00 is accurate now)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

Edited once, last by HCarlH ().

• Just stopped by the booth. Didn't have a lot of time since I also exhibit but met their US rep who sold me my Kemper and shook Christoph's hand. They aren't debuting anything for NAMM other than to showcase the new beta and delays.

Did ask about the editor because it's killing me and was told it's high on the list, especially with the new delays. They have hired someone to do it so it's a matter of time. Didn't get time to ask about reverbs or the modular cabs that are back. Will report later when I have more time since NAMM just opened.

• Did ask about the editor because it's killing me and was told it's high on the list, especially with the new delays. They have hired someone to do it so it's a matter of time.

You guys will be celebrating non stop now. :D
    "They said an editor is coming.....it's been a whole week since the announcement.....whereTF is it???!!!!!" LOL

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Just stopped by the booth. Didn't have a lot of time since I also exhibit but met their US rep who sold me my Kemper and shook Christoph's hand. They aren't debuting anything for NAMM other than to showcase the new beta and delays.

Did ask about the editor because it's killing me and was told it's high on the list, especially with the new delays. They have hired someone to do it so it's a matter of time. Didn't get time to ask about reverbs or the modular cabs that are back. Will report later when I have more time since NAMM just opened.

Thanks for the update!

• You guys will be celebrating non stop now. :D
    "They said an editor is coming.....it's been a whole week since the announcement.....whereTF is it???!!!!!" LOL

I think it's worth enough to know it's acknowledged. Sounds like it's still quite a bit away, likely not even started, so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. I'm cool with that.