Browse & Type Knob A/B check please...

• Hi,

Hopefully a handful of people on the forum will be kind enough to help out with this admittedly odd, yet simple, request ....

Would you kindly compare the Browse and Type knobs (the knobs in upper corners of the main display)? Specifically, make sure there is no noise in the room and see if they feel and sound the same when rotating. Or if one is clearly a bit looser and more "clicky" than the other.

My Browse knob is a subtle bit looser and clicking a bit more loudly than the Type knob. The Type knob feels a bit more "solid". It's as if the lubricant inside the Browse knob has thinned or worn a bit, OR it could just be a different mechanical knob than the Type knob - however I kind of doubt that.

Sincere thanks in advance to anybody willing to check their KPA and report back,

Kind regards,

Sonic

• hey
    don't get me wrong don't want to offend you
    but do you spent all your time in looking at your KPA to find anything which
    may could be problem ?
    starting with packaging of the unit , via DSP Dates to things like the sound and feel of rotating Knobs
    relax and play guitar :whistling:

• In about the same time it took to make these pointless responses could have instead answered the question I posed.

If you aren't interested in helping please keep the personal diatribe to yourself.

I found the following threads that confirm the issue, the Browse knob seems to be one most commonly affected although any knob can be affected. The short answer is these are acceptable tolerances apparently.

Some pots feel loose/wiggly
    Loose knobs

I also found a thread that discussed latent software reaction to knob rotation. It was these combinations I myself encountered and had me a bit concerned, but apparently all this is within the realm of normal.

Still, if some forum members would be kind enough to check their Browse knob and see if it is a slight bit more rotationally loose and clicky than the Type knob I would appreciate hearing back. It may be something normal to the Browse knob, or some acoustic thing in that area of the circuit board. I'm just curious and it may help dispel any further concerns from other users in the future.

This magic box is really impressive so far in terms of features and flexibility.

Sonic

• My Type Knob makes a slightly louder clicking sound when rotated than my Browse knob, but doesn't feel much different maybe a little looser but I have to really concentrate to notice a difference.

I purchased my powered toaster in October 2016 from DV247, although it does have a black chicken head knob.

P.

• Slight difference between mine since my unit got repaired last year (due to a known and now-solved LED issue). Don't worry about it.

I think digbob's advice was well-meaning - if we worry about stuff that seems slightly strange we will spend much energy worrying about pointless things, which takes away pleasure and time :) (and this is coming from somebody who ihas been known to do just that) :)

• Just checked and my browse knob is just a little looser/softer.

Been playing my KPA since 2012 and never noticed it.

Now it's going to haunt me for the rest of my life ;(^^