KPA FW / UPDATES and useful features

• We are guitarist and we need something like perhaps Dual tracking or metronome, looper synchronizing etc.

just my two cents, while I fully respect your opinion, as a pro guitar player: delays are part of a musician creation process...metronome or similar makes the kpa a gadget thing not a pro thing as it is now.

this of course doesn't mean your request isn't legit. it is indeed! but then what would the kpa become?

as mentioned...just my two cents

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I think they are favoring the development of upgrades that are future investments. Things, such as the development of effects, that can be used in future products. The same will be true of the future reverbs that have been talked about. Keep in mind that the Kemper is already 5 years old. It doesn't make money offering free updates to users that already own their KPA, only in the new customers that are enticed to finally buy a new Kemper, not used. Each month, there needs to be enough revenue from sales to offset the continued cost of running the company and paying the salary and benefits of those spending all day programing new features, and they are running a business not a charity. With the release of new products from competition, such as the Helix, they have to think about eventually rolling out a new Kemper. While, in terms of pure amp tone, KPA is still king, Line 6 has closed the gap significantly, and it has more hardware advantages. Developing, an editor, for example, is a dead end update in that it ties with the KPA'a hardware and software organization. It wouldn't "carry over" to a new generation KPA, at least new a next gen KPA that has a different organization structure. For example, suppose next generation they off they have a moveable amp block with a greater number of effect blocks? The resources used developing such an editor would be a near worthless asset once a new KPA is released.

• just my two cents, while I fully respect your opinion, as a pro guitar player: delays are part of a musician creation process...metronome or similar makes the kpa a gadget thing not a pro thing as it is now.
    this of course doesn't mean your request isn't legit. it is indeed! but then what would the kpa become?as mentioned...just my two cents

Im not a pro guitarist, Just a worship artist playing for my hearts desire and fun but my 2 cents agrees with your 2 cents.. I bought the kemper because it is the first digital piece of gear thats not gimicky and digital sounding. Delays are utilized more and more in modern music creation. A metronome ? get one anywhere.....on your phone, ipad, nearly an program used in music on the pc or mac. I will say the new delays have gone to the extreme but I think thats perhaps a good thing and that we will be discovering possibilities for a loooong time. Overall, well well done like all things kemper. They just raised the bar for the Reverb presets..

• Hmmmm... I think it takes more than a metronome to turn the kemper into a gimmick :-)I can certainly understand the wish for a simple setup.

Re. metronome: if you have the remote, I guess you could record a loop of you hitting muted strings in the correct tempo and use that as a redneck metronome?

Kind of redneck metronome @Michael_dk ;) 'cause couldn't set precise tempo.

• I guess it depends on what market Kemper are coming for. The majority of Pros using the unit for gigging and recording probably got it for tone. Then you need the basics of time based effects, compressions and reverb. The rest is surely occasional use and home guitarist fun. Frankly I am amazed they have the resources to keep upgrading without cost.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Simply I need.

tap tempo -- > start record loop with temp synchronizing.

Metronome sound , to different routing . Masters or monitor ,headphone. atc.

First I bought Profiler remote, but then I Had to buy even Digitech Jamman stereo.

Edited 2 times, last by MirekGR10 ().

• I spend time with new delay and I must admit , they are useful.

Mainly harmonics and melodics.
    Now I can set delays for intervals and to have 4 interval !!!!

-Oct , -6, +3, +Oct .... Incredibly

So sorry I take my thread back. SOOOOOOOOORRY

• Personally, its more an issue of prioritizing features over functionality. I would prefer they address the core functionality before they add on features.

Its sort of like buying a car and instead of fixing your fuel injection system to be more efficient, they give you a hood spoiler and a moon roof.

Yeah, its nice and all but I'd really like the car to be running optimally before you give me fancy adornment.