cabinet change?

• powered kemper.

is it ok to change cabinet while the powered kemper is on. i got an marshall guitar cabinet that i like, and a matrix unpowered frfr cabinet that i like. on rehersals i like to change. can i just take out cable and put it in the other cab, or do i have to switch powered softbutton in output section off, or do i have to turn the kemper of in order to change cabinet. turning kemper off takes a long time, and i do not want to damage the amp in kemper.Whats best practise for this

thanks for any reply!

• I can't say for certain, but I do it all the time and have never had any issues.

We know that it doesn't need a load to work so I can't see anything else causing an issue providing you mute the output say put it in tuner mode or rock the volume pedal right back for instance to be on the safe side.

• It's true that class D amps can run with nothing connected to it, but that isn't "no load". That's an infinite load. "No load" is a short, which will destroy a class D amp pretty quickly (ask me how I know :) ). I'd be concerned that depending on the the jack and the plug, there could be a chance that the tip and sleeve of the jack could short out on the ground ring of the jack while unplugging especially if it is pulled out with any torque on the plug . Is it likely to happen in the short time of unplugging? I don't know, but I wouldn't chance it myself.

I've never opened up my KPA, but forum members mentioned that it uses an IcePower amp. When I blew my other IcePower amp, I contacted IcePower and was told that the amp was un-repairable, and basically trash.

However, it you replace the 1/4" jacks on your cabinets with Speak-ons, you would be perfectly safe.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• Another idea, turning off the power amp section in the Kemper menus would allow you to safely change cabinets without a full reboot.

• It's true that class D amps can run with nothing connected to it, but that isn't "no load". That's an infinite load. "No load" is a short, which will destroy a class D amp pretty quickly (ask me how I know :) ). I'd be concerned that depending on the the jack and the plug, there could be a chance that the tip and sleeve of the jack could short out on the ground ring of the jack while unplugging especially if it is pulled out with any torque on the plug . Is it likely to happen in the short time of unplugging? I don't know, but I wouldn't chance it myself.

I've never opened up my KPA, but forum members mentioned that it uses an IcePower amp. When I blew my other IcePower amp, I contacted IcePower and was told that the amp was un-repairable, and basically trash.

However, it you replace the 1/4" jacks on your cabinets with Speak-ons, you would be perfectly safe.

Yes,yada yada, it is truly an infinite load. But, most people associate no speaker attached to no load attached, ergo no load.

• Yadda yadda, correct nomenclature is important, especially when a misused word means the exact opposite of its intent. But that wasn't my primary point.