Plugging in remote seems to drastically reduce the input signal [SOLVED]

• Just got my shiny new Kemper (yay) but when i plug the remote in the input drops right down so i can only hear hi-gain rigs (which sound clean). It'll then stay like that even if i unplug the remote until i restart the amp. Works fine with no remote.

I updated to the 5.1 firmware. Is there something extra i need to do to make the remote work?

• Maybe you should have upgraded in steps , that the remote needed to be upgraded in steps as well ? so going from one firmware version to another was too much to deal with ?

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Also noticed that ethernet cable's are a huge part in the operation of the remote , had home ethernet cables that made the remote restart because of fishy connections ...

Never had the problem with the original military spec cable that was included with the remote :)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Maybe you should have upgraded in steps , that the remote needed to be upgraded in steps as well ? so going from one firmware version to another was too much to deal with ?

updating a new Profiler to the latest beta OS in one go is not a problem at all.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thanks for the input everyone. I contacted Support and they did some troubleshooting. It appears that the remote is changing pedal values as soon as i plug it in so the Volume pedal goes from 127 (max) to 7. The other pedal values changed a bit too. Bit weird but at least i have a workaround until it's fixed. i.e. manually change the pedal values in the System menu.

My support ticket is ongoing so I'll update this thread if I learn any more but I thought i'd write this in case anyone else is in the same position. I'm assuming it's a beta firmware thing.

Very pleased with my first Kemper Support experience. Excellent response time. :)

UPDATE:
    To fix this problem I needed to navigate to the Remote pedal settings in the System menu and set them to Off. All good now.

• Maybe the socket is dodgy and making connections , you could try to plug in a jack ?

• The problem was that dummy values seemed to appear when pedals 3-6 were enabled but not connected and the kemper remote was connected. Been chatting with support and providing test info and they've identified a firmware problem and got a fix ready for a subsequent release.

Splendid. :)

• The problem was that dummy values seemed to appear when pedals 3-6 were enabled but not connected and the kemper remote was connected. Been chatting with support and providing test info and they've identified a firmware problem and got a fix ready for a subsequent release.

Splendid. :)

So you've found a bug, reproduced it and the cure already is waiting. Great contribution @Very Random Man ;)