#14 Sell Old Stuff - Now!

• Some complain about the price of high end gear ...

.... but have a pile of junk stored at home ...

I sold my pod when I found the DG-Stomp,
    sold the DG-Stomp for the Vetta,
    sold the Vetta for the Zentera,
    sold the Zentera for the AxeFx Ultra,
    sold the AxeFx Ultra for the AxeFX II,
    sold the AxeFx II for the Kemper,
    will sell the Kemper for the Kemper II ;)

The same is true for my mobile phone (I own only one) - the Camera (only one) ...

Sometimes I don't like the price I get for used gear - but found: I get more the earlier I sell - no need to wait longer - the value for (digital) gear decreases day by day one a updated hardware is on the market.

I constantly go thru my own gear and sell old effects, amps, guitars and other gear I don't use anymore.

By this do I get room and money for new exciting gear ....

So check out your pile of old stuff - sell all you don't need - and get:
    -the Kemper (if you don't own one already)
    -the great foot controller
    -a new FRFR monitor
    -some new profiles ;)
    -a new guitar

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I cannot sympathize with the OP's statement in general.
    MORE OFTEN THAN NOT it's simply not necessary to go for the latest shiny new toy.
    Better learn your gear and make some great music.
    Exciting new gear holds no value on its own.
    It gets boring on the equipment carousel very soon.

I agree though that it's no use hoarding old unused gear.

• Agreed!

Clean out the clutter and appreciate what you've got left all the more :)

• Man, I'm terrible at selling old gear. I've got stuff piled up like you won't believe, not to mention the guitars that are sat in storage, weeping themselves to sleep night after night...
    Must do better.
    However, I did just swap my Helix for an all-original 1978 Marshall JMP in great nick. That was very satisfying indeed!

• Man, I'm terrible at selling old gear. I've got stuff piled up like you won't believe, not to mention the guitars that are sat in storage, weeping themselves to sleep night after night...
    Must do better.
    However, I did just swap my Helix for an all-original 1978 Marshall JMP in great nick. That was very satisfying indeed!

You just gotta get started, Sam :) I'm a bit of a gear hoarder as well, but it really feels nice to clean out the old stuff!

• You just gotta get started, Sam :) I'm a bit of a gear hoarder as well, but it really feels nice to clean out the old stuff!

The thing is 'though, Sam's stints where he gets onto a roll and buys a new guitar practically every week "don't help any". I mean, trying to keep up by selling on eBay would be a nightmare!

I have a solution for you Sammy, seeing as you've given up on the weekly-therapy sessions - give 'em all to me, bud; I'll take good care of 'em for ya. 8o