Reamp issue by SPDIF input -> clicks and crackles

• There is a serious problem reamping via SPDIF.
    It appears unwanted crackles and clicks.
    The problem is more evident switching on/off Slots while reamping and/or switching rigs to test different sound in a mix.
    The problem wasn't present before november

Is there a plan to solve this issue that appears some months ago?
    How are other users try to bypass this problem?

Thanks
    Maurizio

Here an additional link where the item was discussed some time ago ...
    Crackling on reamping

• Clicks etc usually are soundcard issues.

Is your card set to slave mode?
    Try changing your latency and buffer.
    Update the card firmware
    Try different cables
    Make sure your card is set as the main device in Windows.
    Does your card software have a meter showing if the digital clock connection is working from the kpa?

I'm running latest kpa firmware and am click free.

• I'm not, it's not a soundcard problem, it only happens on reamp mode via SPDIF, also with Kemper stand alone.
    It's a known issue already, still not solved. I was asking about the plan to solve it ...

• I have this same issue, it also happens when I'm preview rigs via rig manager while reamping. A friend of mine suggested to try with the analog outputs and see if you get the same results. I have not done that yet, plus I want to use spdif. I have a video of the noise when previewing rigs, I'll see if I can dig up. I can confirm that it happens when switching on/off Slots. Hope this would be an easy bug to fix.

Here is the vid I posted in a Kemper Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/4phit/videos/10154946158717941/

• I have this same issue, it also happens when I'm preview rigs via rig manager while reamping. A friend of mine suggested to try with the analog outputs and see if you get the same results. I have not done that yet, plus I want to use spdif. I have a video of the noise when previewing rigs, I'll see if I can dig up. I can confirm that it happens when switching on/off Slots. Hope this would be an easy bug to fix.

Here is the vid I posted in a Kemper Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/4phit/videos/10154946158717941/

Exactly!!! This is the problem!!!
    It happens switching slots on/off while reamping, or switching rigs while reamping or randomically without any variation, always while reamping through SPDIF.

This issue appears after 4.0.6 Release so, this was the last where the problem doesn't exist!

I didn't manage to use analog input for reamp, but I want to use SPDIF, it's much powerful, clean and easier to use...
    It's very tricky to discover, but for people using SPDIF Reamp it's very annoying...

• Exactly!!! This is the problem!!!It happens switching slots on/off while reamping, or switching rigs while reamping or randomically without any variation, always while reamping through SPDIF.

This issue appears after 4.0.6 Release so, this was the last where the problem doesn't exist!

I didn't manage to use analog input for reamp, but I want to use SPDIF, it's much powerful, clean and easier to use...
    It's very tricky to discover, but for people using SPDIF Reamp it's very annoying...

I have the exact same problem. It´s on analog outs as well. This did´t happen before.

• I have the exact same problem. It´s on analog outs as well. This did´t happen before.

Why on earth would you get clicks and pops on analog outputs unless you've set the buffer to something your system cannot handle.

Maurizio, I am using a Fireface 800 and no clicks and pops while reamping, so I'm wondering why it has suddenly appeared in your case. Could it be on account of some driver update?

• I have this issue too,last feedback from Kemper support was:
    " Our developers are working on a solution. Unfortunately i cannot give you any estimated date for the fix. As a temporary workaround please use the analog i/o."

I have good faith in their developers so I hope this gets resolved swiftly.

• Why on earth would you get clicks and pops on analog outputs unless you've set the buffer to something your system cannot handle.

Maurizio, I am using a Fireface 800 and no clicks and pops while reamping, so I'm wondering why it has suddenly appeared in your case. Could it be on account of some driver update?

Me neither. Here's how I run mine with zero click/crackle/pop:

- Turn on KPA, wait until the clock source on my soundcard software mixer turn from "waiting" -> "locked".
    - FW 5.11 on Kemper
    - Soundcard buffer setting 32
    - In DAW preferences I have ticked "allow projects override device sample rate"
    - In windows sound settings, playback devices, click on your device. Then go properties>enhancements>tick disable all sound enhancements. These for some reason randomly turn on with windows updates.

One other thing I can think off, I started getting crackling sound on my other computer always when I had an external USB drive attached to a certain USB port. Crackling disappeared by switching to another port. Took me the longest time to figure out what was making the sound horrible.

• Why on earth would you get clicks and pops on analog outputs unless you've set the buffer to something your system cannot handle.

I'm not getting clicks and pops, but I get crackles when switching rigs and turning on/off stomps. Nothing has changed on my system. And as Maurizio70 said, this is not a soundcard problem. I guess I just have to do my reamping the analog way until they figure this out.

• I'm not getting clicks and pops, but I get crackles when switching rigs and turning on/off stomps. Nothing has changed on my system. And as Maurizio70 said, this is not a soundcard problem. I guess I just have to do my reamping the analog way until they figure this out.

This! Also because, testing all the possibilities, we found the crackles and clicks even with the KPA stand alone without any sound card added on the flow, just only connecting the SPDIF IN/OUT directly on the KPA to create a LOOP.

• Here's a clip when you can clearly hear the same issue when clicking stomps on and of.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here's a clip when you can clearly hear the same issue when clicking stomps on and of.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds awful. The noise sounds awful.

• I don't know if it's a related issue to mine, but it turns out after weeks of intensive testing that I get the pops/clicks/ticks also when using the analog outs of the Kemper.
    After all the testing I've done, I can safely rule out my USB audio interface (Scarlett 18i8 Gen2) and my PC as the source of this - as while I've counter-tested with my old J-Station on its analog outs, the issue does no longer appear.

I've even gone so far as to try a second brand new Kemper and I still get ticks/pops/clicks.
    To make matter worse, they appear randomly. Sometimes after 5 mins, other times after 1 hour and everything in-between.

I've contacted support as well.