Sorry I'm a newb. Rig ratings question

• Ok, so I searched how to rate rigs on the exchange and found more than one thread. However, nothing they say works. I've downloaded and tried out quite a few and would like to give my ratings to hopefully help others. I'm able to rate them in rig manager which one thread said would update rig exchange, no luck. I can't get stars to come up on rig exchange to rate them directly.......ugh. Is it really this hard?!

• Welcome to the Forum Niassist.

To add a rating ( in RM ) I right click in the empty rating box after the rig in the 'My rating' column. Then In the pop down menu go to 'Rate' and select 1 to 5 in the drop down menu. The shortcut is Shift + 1 for a 1 rating , Shift + 2 for a 2 etc...

Edited once, last by Robman ().

• This thread will explain what you want to achive : Rating profiles from RigExchange just became easy

This will be achieve by using Rig Manager.
    Be aware that your rating won't appear immediately. Maybe if you just quit Rig Manager and restart it, it will, never tried.
    Seems to work, as I already tried and saw one of my raking (well, I guess it was mine...).

You rate rigs using Kemper Profiler, Rig Manager is used to load rig and provide internet connection, so your rating can be uploaded to Rig Exchange server.

• That is one of the threads I read. I can get the ratings to show up in Rig Manager without any problems, but it doesn't update Rig Exchange. That is the problem I'm having. Nothing I'm doing is updating Rig Exchange. I've opened and closed Rig Manager 100 times and it still doesn't update Exchange. All my ratings are in RM.

• That is one of the threads I read. I can get the ratings to show up in Rig Manager without any problems, but it doesn't update Rig Exchange. That is the problem I'm having. Nothing I'm doing is updating Rig Exchange. I've opened and closed Rig Manager 100 times and it still doesn't update Exchange. All my ratings are in RM.

To see ratings of a rig in Rig Exchange, you have to apply rating on Kemper's LCD like described here ----- >Rating profiles from RigExchange just became easy.

• Well, that stinks if the only way you can rate rigs on RE is through the Kemper hooked up to the internet because my Kemper isn't anywhere near an internet connection. Hard to believe it doesn't work through RM.

• Well, that stinks if the only way you can rate rigs on RE is through the Kemper hooked up to the internet because my Kemper isn't anywhere near an internet connection. Hard to believe it doesn't work through RM.

It is only way known to me. I think it works that way, to limit rating of rigs that weren't auditioned.

• Skoczy raises a valid point that I think we all agreed was logical and fair when we discussed it in another thread, probably the one he linked to.

There's just no other obvious way to prevent "spamming" of ratings. IMHO, folks who generously share their Profiles deserve to know that at the very least, any ratings they receive involve a Kemper and not just a software window and a few mouse clicks.

Ratings you register in RM alone become your own "personal" ones, so they're not useless after all.

• I do understand the ratings spamming. It makes sense it's just unfortunate because I would like to rate and give my input, but with having to hook the Kemper up to the interwebs it's just unlikely to happen. Oh well. Thanks for all the help fellas.