Nick K Profiles

• Just a short morning jam with JMP profiles! Some major key stuff ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey guys! After a short break im back, this time with a classic - Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. Lots of Recto profiles i tried were too bright and fizzy for my personal taste, so this time i tried to capture a darker and fatter side of it. There are going to be around 15 studio plug and play profiles and 10ish merged ones with another icon - Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto OS box.

Stay tuned for free sample profiles and sounds!

• Here is a free profile for you guys "The Slammer". Mesa Boogie Dual Recto, channel 2, Modern mode with Horizon Devices Precision Drive in front of it. Mesa Boogie OS Rectifier box with two sm57 microphones. First part is the default profile, second part is the profile with added mids, delay and reverb. Third part is lowered gain (around 5) for crunchier sounds and the last part is lowered gain with effects.

Hear it here:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Note about Precision Drive: I know some of the guys tried profiling with it, and had problems with gate on the pedal. I had problems too, had to turn the gate all the way off and still got the message from the Profiler "Noise gate detected, noise gate in the chain should be avoided" etc. However, when i tested the profiles against reference amp the sound was spot on, like always - 95 to 98 percent the same... So i just ignored noise gate messages in the profiling process and it turned out to be awesome set of profiles. So the conclusion in this case was that the noise gate messages were more of a recommendation in the profiling process, not a limitation.
    Anyway, feel free to download the profile and test it, would like to hear some feedback!

• Here is a free profile for you guys "The Slammer". Mesa Boogie Dual Recto, channel 2, Modern mode with Horizon Devices Precision Drive in front of it. Mesa Boogie OS Rectifier box with two sm57 microphones. First part is the default profile, second part is the profile with added mids, delay and reverb. Third part is lowered gain (around 5) for crunchier sounds and the last part is lowered gain with effects.

Hear it here:

External Content soundcloud.com

Note about Precision Drive: I know some of the guys tried profiling with it, and had problems with gate on the pedal. I had problems too, had to turn the gate all the way off and still got the message from the Profiler "Noise gate detected, noise gate in the chain should be avoided" etc. However, when i tested the profiles against reference amp the sound was spot on, like always - 95 to 98 percent the same... So i just ignored noise gate messages in the profiling process and it turned out to be awesome set of profiles. So the conclusion in this case was that the noise gate messages were more of a recommendation in the profiling process, not a limitation.
    Anyway, feel free to download the profile and test it, would like to hear some feedback!

You are the boss! Cant wait to buy it. :)

• Here it is! US Duality is up for sale! 16 studio and 8 merged profiles. Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with Horizon Devices Precision Drive, two sm57s and Mesa OS Rectifier 4x12 box.

Hear the Music Man L3 playthrough here

Get the pack here https://nickkprofiles.bigcartel.com/product/us-duality

• Very convincing demo / playthrough again - so... bought the Dual Rectifier pack :thumbup:

A pity that it is not possible to profile "playing skills" as well - would buy a "skills pack" from you instantly too :D

• Turning the gate off was the only way to get good profiles, i had some troubles with it, but in the end it turned out great. Its a good drive for sure, but to be honest not 250e good... lol It tightens the low end (Dual Recto's bigest "problem" imho) in a great and specific way so i imagine its very popular with "djenty" players...

• Here is a test of some of the profiles in the pack, this time in a context. I love versatile profile packs and i tried to make US Duality as versatile as it can be. You can cover pretty much everything, from metal and rock to latin, jazz, funk etc.

Signal chain: Music Man L3 (alder, maple rosewood, Dimarzio Transition pickups) - Kemper - RME UCX - Cubase

Profiles used:
    1. Crush Dual and Crush Dual Solo
    2. Pure Rock (added delay and reverb for solo)
    3. Pushed Blues (added delay and reverb for solo)
    4. Dual Clean and Electric Gypsy