head phones sound great but the output is muddy! Help

• Im new to the Kemper world , I have nothing but MBritt profiles and i just bought Micheals personal XiTone cab that he had on tour and he tested his profiles on so i know the cab is great! When i pull up a profile and listen thru the headphones it sounds amazing, but when i use the master out mono it sounds like a FOH speaker that lost its driver... no highs, no cut, no presence...Ive been playing for 30 years with some good players , i know great tone when i hear it and MB's profiles has it but just not thru the outputs. So I'm a noob again and need help from the guys that know the amp...
    outputs are as follows,
    MAIN OUT Master mono
    MONITOR OUT Mod left
    DIRECT OUT Mod right
    All i want to do is send a mono signal to FOH with the same sound I'm getting out of my headphones... yes i tried to send it from the headphones to A/B , no difference. What am i missing/? Thank you

thanks, Christian

• Welcome!

So your main outputs sound the same as via the headphone output send to the FOH?
    (you can connect the output signal from the headphone out to your PA)

How does your PA sound in case you send a decent guitar signal - e.g. from a CD?

Did you compare with the stock profiles - how do they sound?

Can you hear any difference when you switch on/off the CAB module:
    a) via headphones
    b( via the main out

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• At first they didn't. sounded great in the cans but muddy thru my XiTone cab. After digging in the output pages found the main/monitor EQ's. Main out just needed some top end thru the cab now it sounds great just like the head phones. New problem I just found. I have the Main /Monitor outs in mono, just A/B each with head phones to check consistently on the output. Monitor out is where it should be but the main out is weak ...BAD... so I check and main out was set at -12db, monitor out was set at -19. So I matched it and it still was weak and low. So i guess i will use either the monitor out or the head phone jack(which sounds the best) to FOH.

• At first they didn't. sounded great in the cans but muddy thru my XiTone cab. After digging in the output pages found the main/monitor EQ's. Main out just needed some top end thru the cab now it sounds great just like the head phones. New problem I just found. I have the Main /Monitor outs in mono, just A/B each with head phones to check consistently on the output. Monitor out is where it should be but the main out is weak ...BAD... so I check and main out was set at -12db, monitor out was set at -19. So I matched it and it still was weak and low. So i guess i will use either the monitor out or the head phone jack(which sounds the best) to FOH.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't have my KPA near me right now, but I recall that there's a 20dB cut option on the Output menu. That might be enabled, which would reduce your output considerably.

Edit:
    Main Out -12 dB
    Whenever the device connected to the MAIN OUTPUT XLR or TS jacks (e.g. mixing desk or audio interface) indicates too much level coming from the Profiler, or there is the need to set the Main Volume to less than -12 dB, then activate the Main Output Pad to reduce the signal level of the MAIN OUTPUT by 12 dB. This increases the range of the MAIN OUTPUT Volume control and preserves the signal-to-noise ratio of the MAIN OUTPUT.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer