Monitor / Direct Out EQ

• Dear All,
    I'm new here. I'm enjoying with my Kemper head.. I would explore for the possibility to have stereo live monitoring. So I try to select Monitor Out as Master Left and select Direct Out as Master Right and connecting these two output to the left/right of an external amplifier. Using not FRFR cabs I need to equalize the outputs for both my channels...but seems I can't, because the monitor output equalization acts only to the monitor output and not for the direct output.
    Is there a way to equalize both the outputs (Monitor and Direct) and not the main output?
    If not, I think it should be very useful to who need to have a stereo monitor equalized. I think it will be easy to link the EQ when Monitor and Direct are set as Master Left/Right and I wish to see this option in a new firmware update.
    Thanks,
    Regards
    Leonardo

• There is no seperate output EQ for the direct out. And there's another disadvantage with your setup if I understand you correctly: If you're not monitoring via FRFR I assume you do it via a traditional guitar cab. Doing so it's recommended to turn off the KPA's internal cab sim. But this is only possible global (turned off vor every output) or only for monitor out while it's still on for the main outs (e.g. for FOH and not micing the guitar cab).

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Yes, this is another disadvantage. I suppose to not turn off the cab sim and act only on EQ. With these limitation the stereo retrofit as Camplifier 290 or any external stereo amp can be used only on FRFR passive cabinets. This is a great limitation. As said, I suppose it is not so difficult to modify it via firmware and allow Monitor EQ act also on Direct Output when they are setted as Master Right and Master Left...

• Unless I have no Kemper yet is suprised me the monitor output is only mono... Would be great to go stereo to FOH and be able to send stereo signal to two guitar cabs for those who like to play stereo. That wouldn't be much more expensive I guess...

EBMM Luke Black Sparkle | EBMM Luke Luke Blue | Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008 | Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster

• I'm pretty sure that the cab on/off switch applies only to the Monitor output.

Yepp, the option in the output menue is called "Monitor Cab off".

This is sensefull if you want to use a guitar cab for monitoring while the main should have a cab simulation.
    To switch off the Cab in the main signal you have to use the button"CAB" in the stack section.

I do not use a guitar cab for monitoring, but I think the "monitor cab" is also off when "main cab" is off - no matter of setting in the output menue.