Using a cabinet from a merged profile with a studio profile

• Hi,
    i have downloaded and installed on the profiler Till demo cabs from his merged cab profiles.
    However, when i try to replace the cab of a studio profile with one of his cab, his cab doesn't appear in the list when browsing with the browse knob.
    Does this mean cab from merged profile can only work with direct amp profiles ?
    Thank you.

• merged cab profiles.

What do you mean with this expression. I am not quite clear about your question.
    I now only merged profiles. That means that the amp characteristic and the cab characteristic in a profile is catured in a different way of profiling . (See doc.)

A cab is in the preset list if you have stored it explicitly. By copy and paste of a Cab from another rig you do not store the cab in the presetlist.

• Till is offering merged profiles.
    I would like to use the cab portion of this profiles with my studio profiles. Is this possible ? When i load the studio profile and open the cabinet part to replace it, when i browse, the merged profiles don't show in the list.

• At first you have to store the cab preset to the browser pool. Otherwise the cab will not be in the list. When there is nothing you will not find any. ;) .
    Press "Cabinet" in the stack section. Press "STORE" chose "CAB Module" - and give name and press store again. Than you have the cab in the list for browsing.

Another way is press "Cabinet" in the stack section , press "COPY", change destination profileig , press "Cabinet" in the stack section, press "PASTE" then you can store the new Profile with another name or the same name.

• the quickest way is to browse 'From Rigs' instead of 'Presets'

as @Sharry already said:
    - the 'Presets' pool only contains cab presets you chose to save (for quick access to your favourites)
    - 'From Rigs' let's you access the cabs of all rigs on your Profiler (for quick auditioning)

find one you like? save it and it'll appear in 'Presets'

hth

• This! A new cab only appears in the cab list when it is stored seperatly. Press the cabinet button and than press store. You see in appearing menue that you can save only the new cab or the complete rig. Choose the cab store function. You can also rename the cab.

• Thank you for your help.
    I was correctly browsing the rig instead of the presets, but what i didn't get is that it's not the rig name but the cabinet name (?) that is shown when browsing.
    As i thought, changing the cab makes a lot of difference.

• I am back with my problem.
    I think there is a bug somewhere, or a strange behaviour.
    I was doing tests with till cab teaser pack.
    I was not able to load them, and suddenly, it worked.
    Now i have removed his free cabs and i have bought the full pack.
    The rigs are on my profiler and i'm able to play them.
    But when i try to use one of their cab by browsing the cab "from rigs", i don't see them, but only the (previous) deleted ones.
    Is this normal ?
    I suspect there is a cache that needs to be rebuilt at some time ?