Grunge sound

• Hey guys , just started a grunge tribute band and looking for some sounds to go with it

Nirvana
    Stone temple pilots
    Alice in chains
    Pearl jam
    Soundgarden (esp black hole sun intro lesley type)

All help is welcome ;)

thanks a lot !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Alice in chains is covered with the top jimi bogner überschall ...

I have the ADA pack from BHP , with their latest v2 packs , i might check out some more

Still nirvana , PJ , soundgarden & STP to go ...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• After some investigation it seems that Soundgarden uses dual rectifier's , nirvana as well ?

Pearl jam Marshalls ? dunno which one

Raf

• Ok bought th TJ mesa mark V and the 68SLead , the mesa spot on soundgarden & nirvana

the 68SLEAD great for pearl jam

I was looking for great screaming trees and stone temple pilots : I started going thru some other pack I got and found spot on sounds in the DC/AC pack =O

Used a clean mesa in the pack and addes rotary fast and some delay/reverb : black hole sun was right there :)

Next up testing them on high volume thru guitar cab ...

tempting to check out the big hairy profiles Demeter pack as well

And damn : almost got the TJ 800 or AFD pack as ... barely could resist :D

Raf

• Check @'BigHairyProfiles!

BHP have the EXACTLY tone from Alice in Chains with the Bognerfish. I bought last week, and man, ITS AWESOME!!!!!!

• Hi Guys,
    Yes. "S" at the end is studio. "D" is direct. "M" is merged. The "S#" is a weird thing. If you profile an amp, but tell the Kemper that there is no cabinet (but DO indeed have a cabinet mic'd up), the Kemper does a pretty good profile. In some ways, I think it's more accurate to the source, but it causes problems because you have no cabinet control... since it thinks there's NO cab.

• OK , yesterday at rehearsal I quickly went over the rigs for each band that sounded familiar thru headphones ...

Damn , the differences in rig was barely noticable :O

So bogner,mesa,mashall sounded more or less the same ... it's obvious for me know that using a guitar cab , indeed "messes" up the details in each rig !

Perhaps I should give a passive FRFR speaker a try !

Raf