Becoming acquainted with the Kemper Profiler pt. 1

• Michael_dk
    Why should it be a hassle to recite what you already should know about your Kemper? If you review post #9 above, you'll note that I became familiar enough with the delay section of the latest manual to describe those parameters and how they relate to the Timebender.

DonPetersen
    If you read the post above, you'll note that I'm making a genuine effort here. I'm not asking you to apologize for your unjust rebuff but I don't know why asking others to relate what isn't clear in the manual is such a problem. Briefly, I RTFM, Answer My Fine Questions. I won't ask you to apologize for your unjust moderation either :)

Edited 2 times, last by gmaslin ().

• Everyone on this forum I have found will always try to help.

I seriously don't know now what you are asking.

If it is to tell you what effects and parameters are adjustable, that is in the manual.

If you are asking for a functional comparison, you need to do that cos we are not familiar with all of your pedals.

If you want to know if it will sound as good, that is entirely subjective and we can't help, the only way is to try the KPA.

• I am new to the Kemper. What is there about the Strymon Flint that you would feel you need it with the Kemper? And are there reasons why you would keep the Flint and not a Timeline or Mobius (other than cost)? I am trying to make a similar decision. Thanks

Hey, I used my flint with my twin reverb and preferred it, personal preference that's all. Also, the cost factor of sitting on thousands of dollars worth of pedals that I felt were redundant was another personal preference so I sold them once I started using the KPA. Doesn't mean you have to! 8)

• Plenty of helpful members here if they feel greeted with the right attitude.

That said, considering the issue, I believe testing out a kemper first hand is the best choice.

• The Kemper delays are excellent. I also think the reverbs are underrated, though I truly miss an authentic spring reverb for my surf noodlings and vintage rockabilly-type stuff.

Can you define a "huge" sound? Some of the delay presets are huge right off the bat, but I'm not sure what you're after.

Here are a couple of videos where I'm going through just a few presets of the delays (there are over 40 presets).

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• @sambrox
    Thanks for making the effort to help me focus my questions. That was a fine bit of work on your "Ballerina", I think I like it better than the orginal :)
    I finally got a chance to sit with a kemper and it is impressive. I'm not convinced I want a new one but I am looking for a good used one. I was able to get pretty big sounds fidgeting with patterns at 860ms of delay and 4 repeats. I wasn't able to get any convincing spring reverb. I suspect I couldn't find the right parameters so if anyone here has successfully duplicated the classic surf sound, please provide the parameters.

• I wasn't able to get any convincing spring reverb. I suspect I couldn't find the right parameters so if anyone here has successfully duplicated the classic surf sound, please provide the parameters.

No, I haven’t had any success dialling in an authentic-sounding spring reverb. I’m hoping that one day, there’ll be an update with a spring, but until then, I invested in a Strymon Flint. I really like the Catalinbread Topanga, but had reliability issues with two separate units, so ended up with the Strymon. I hear that the Subdecay Super Spring Theory should be an excellent unit, too, and then there’s always the Boss FRV-1, if you can find one.
    As for the other reverbs in the Kemper, I find they get a lot of flak unnecessarily. Unless you’re going for a hyper realistic smoky room reverb (think Hendrix’s Voodoo Chile, the bluesy one, not the wah wah one), then I personally don’t find anything lacking. In combination with the new delays, those big ambient ‘verbs are also all there.

• Hey thanks for the link :)
    To me, that sounds more like a hall or plate than a spring, though it’s difficult to say for certain with the room acoustics also clouding things. I remember someone once posted a clip of them playing surf with the Surfs Up profile from one of the old Kemper Rig packs. That didn’t sound half bad, but when I loaded it up it on my own unit, it wasn’t very convincing at all.

@sambrox
    Check out this guy. He gets pretty close with the Kemper mBritt Fender '62 model. Can anyone with this model list the parameters?

• Quote from sambrox

To me, that sounds more like a hall or plate than a spring, though it’s difficult to say for certain with the room acoustics also clouding things.

I agree. I hear a little plate in mostly room reverb but the combination gets closer to spring than I was able to get with the Kemper. Isn't there a control on the Kemper to mix different types of reverb?