Latency - please help

• Yep, I had this issue but without the Remote (I use a FAMC Liquid Foot, expression pedal connected to that). If I connected an expression pedal, I could get it to track flawlessly until I activated the 'Morph to wah' type switches in the Kemper. With each one I added, the more lag appeared. I created a thread here with a video linked from Youtube showing the issue - https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…l-Latency-Lag/#post379261

The lag was horrific, if you quickly went heel to toe five times, you could walk away and the sound would still be changing for a while after!

I was able to fully resolve the issue but only by using my midi controller to change the Midi CC per profile. I consider it to be an issue with Kemper but they didn't seem interested, blaming my Liquid Foot......

• I checked again using the Pitch block and there is no doubt that the issue is only with expression ports 3-6 on the Remote. I wonder whether the result is the same with the expression pedal ports on other pedalboards.

Back to using long TRS cables again, I guess.

• Do you use the Kemper in Browse or Performance mode?

I used it in both modes. Browse at home, performance with my bandmates.

I'm wondering if this is on account of some protocol other than midi that is being used by the Remote, which seems by and large the device which most of the users who are experiencing problems are using.

• Thanks. Checking out the Gordius now.

Whether you like the layout may vary. For example, the Big Little Giant has 13 main buttons, two bank up/down buttons, and two direct access bank buttons.

13 buttons, you say? How ugly. How hard to use.

It is that until you figure out that those 13 buttons also mirror a normal keyboard layout with white and black keys. If you're into synths, like I am, that is a pretty cool thing to have.

Also to keep in mind, the display has this annoying habit of changing from the preset display name when you hit an effect. You'll have to hit another preset to see the name displayed again.

Also, no way to know what button does what in a rig till you step on it.

13 buttons, I can hear you ask again? One common layout is to have the five buttons on the top row for each rig in a performance, and then all the lower buttons corresponding to every single available slot on the Kemper FX. Very handy, if that works for you.

Other than those minor (imo) niggles, the unit is killer. How do you programme an LFO for Kemper FX? With a Gordius. How do you turn on stomp a by pressing a button when reverb and delay are engaged, but stomp b when they are not? With a Gordius.

Plus, it's expandable with one of those Behringer or Roland midi foot controllers, so if you need more buttons, you can have them. And also all the expression pedals that can be attached, so on top of the 4 on the unit, another four from the other units.

If that sounds over exuberant, I apologise. I have been clamouring for the Remote to take note of some of the features on the Gordius (most recently, they added the option to have buttons as momentary or latching, which is great). While the Remote is easy to use, the Gordius has a wonderful editor that makes programming real simple. Two midi inputs and two midi outputs, so you can hook up a hell of a lot of things to it.

Plus, unlimited midi commands in a single footpress, if you need it. I've done that before, for example, while creating that LFO by creating an infinite loop and then triggering various random CC values with the morph controlling various FX.

BTW, they also have a smaller little Giant with 10 buttons. That may suit you better. But still the same hangups, i.e. no multi-colour LEDs, no multi screens or feedback on what button is what.

• Thanks for the breakdown. I notice the smaller Little Giant is discontinued but I'm sure I could find use for the extra buttons.

The main feature I'm looking for is the ability to run the Kemper in Browse mode so that I can use one or minimal instances of a given rig instead of multiple copies that all need to be edited whenever I make changes to the basic sound (in Performance mode).

Sounds like the LG is just what I need. :)

• I'm having this issue as well with kemper remote and a moog expression pedal connected to the remote. Trying to simulate a trem bar to cover Possum Kingdom and it's like it doesn't register until a half second after I start moving the pedal. Happens in both browse and performance modes.

I have the latest firmware.

• I'm having this issue as well with kemper remote and a moog expression pedal connected to the remote. Trying to simulate a trem bar to cover Possum Kingdom and it's like it doesn't register until a half second after I start moving the pedal. Happens in both browse and performance modes.

I have the latest firmware.

have you tried calibrating the pedal?