AMT EX-50 Exp Pedal - I don't recommend it

• Have been using this little fella for about 5 months and it's given me nothing but problems.

[Blocked Image: http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o566/bradgreen78/20170527_204552_zpsx8qtuoqd.jpg]

From a show last weekend you can see me awkwardly fighting it from about 40 seconds onwards on and off throughout the whole song. This was the last straw my little friend!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love the size of it (fits in my guitar case), but the pot in it is garbage. I'd been using it as a global wah (locked in a slot, set to disable when stationary) for all profiles, and after a about 2 months the wah would kick on by itself giving a "cocked wah" sound. Tightened up the torque screw to make sure it couldnt move unless pushed (was thinking stage vibration as the cause), recalibrated in the KPA menu etc, and that helped for about 2 weeks... but then it started happening again.

No worries. Opened it up thinking I'd just clean the thing with some electrical contact cleaner spray and was surprised to see a second spare pot living inside (in its own little plastic bag and all. AMT included a spare! Maybe they suspect something?). The pot is a weird unenclosed sliding track type thing, not a typical enclosed rotary pot, but super easy to change out.

So i swapped it out for the spare one. All good for about 2 months then the same issues came back.

Long story short - the AMT is retired to the junk drawer and the larger (but super reliable) original Mission expression pedal is back in service.

What expression pedals do you guys use and have had good luck with?

• I use the Mission EP-1 KP and an old Vox wah that I modded to the same spec as the mission (cost me about 10 dollars for parts off eBay). I’ve been looking at the Dunlop DVP4 Volume X Mini which is an analogue volume pedal and expression pedal in one, meaning I can use it with my BluGuitar Amp 1 pedalboard too, while cutting down on size

• Had exactly the same experience with the AMT as well. The spare slider made me suspicious in the first place. I think it is to small to work well as a exp. pedal. I now use two Zoom FP02M's.

• I have the same padal but a slightly different problem as described here:
    Volume/Wah looses gain/signal level after using volume function

At the other hand my problem might be directly related to you issue (not sure).

The point is, I'm looking for a reliable smallsized expression pedal (not deeper than the Kemper Remote is) because it should fit on a 'Pedaltrain Metro 20 TC' next to the remote (just like the AMT EX50 does).