My best ballad yet - with my best clean sound yet

• Hi,

While I was sitting here with my left hand in a cast after surgery, I realized I have just finished a song I'm quite happy with. Probably the best clean sound I have ever had.

This is a track where I get to play everything I always liked about the polished pop recordings from Los Angeles during the 80s and early 90s. Wide clean guitars, fluid lead, chorus Rhodes and bass lines. I know this type of tune is ofter scoffed at nowadays but I admit to always having liked it.

For the people interested in gear:
    Guitar: Tyler Studio Elite Burning Water
    Amp: Kemper recorded direct
    Bass: Sandberg Bullet Special
    Bass amp: Boss GS-10 recorded direct

[MEDIA=soundcloud][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media]

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/MEDIA]

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks Mats for sharing.
    What Profile you use?

It does not require artistic gymnastics on the fingerboard to be beautiful and musical. :thumbup:
    I hope you will get well sooner with your hand.
    For me, who even is not a pro, it's always a nightmare vision to hurt my hand.

• Very cool and relaxed Mats. Congrats.
    Btw: New guitar? I read you play the tylor black smear and yet a burning water?

What do you thing about the burning water? Cool as it look's?

Cheers
    Frank

• Very very nice Mats!! :thumbup:

Thanks, my good man!

Very beautiful! Loved the mood mate! Please post the chords if you can, heard some very nice changes in there!

Thanks!
    When the cast is off I'l give it a shot (if I remember).

Thanks Mats for sharing.
    What Profile you use?

It does not require artistic gymnastics on the fingerboard to be beautiful and musical. :thumbup:
    I hope you will get well sooner with your hand.
    For me, who even is not a pro, it's always a nightmare vision to hurt my hand.

Thanks, Sharry! This was a new profile from my latest Black Goop session.
    Appreciate the well wishes.

nice one mats, tones are spot on.

I hope your hands will soon recover

Hey Waraba,
    Thanks and thanks!

Very cool and relaxed Mats. Congrats.Btw: New guitar? I read you play the tylor black smear and yet a burning water?

What do you thing about the burning water? Cool as it look's?

Cheers
    Frank

Thanks, Frank!
    Regarding the Tylers, I have both a Black Shmear and a BW and as they are made of different woods and with different pickups they also sound different. I love both of the and they are wonderful instruments.

I broke my thumb 7 years ago and was in a cast to my elbow so I can relate. Hope the healing goes better than expected. 8)

Nice track for sure, what drum proggy or is it real drums? Sounds really good.

Hi 808,
    Hands are precious, that's for sure.
    Thanks for lending your ears. The drums are the new Superior Drums 3. Love them!