Can We Talk About Fuzz?

• So, I'm exploring all the Fuzz-style overdrive models in the KPA in conjunction with my two Strats (various pickups) but I can't find one which presents sufficient distortion with my guitar's volume up but cleans up properly with the volume down. (I'm trying to achieve a "Cause We've Ended As Lovers" tone). I read that fuzz pedals need to take the input directly from the guitar to see the right impedance for to achieve this dynamic but I'm a bit inexperienced in this area. I wondered whether there is anyone here using a real fuzz pedal with their Kemper. If so, please tell me about your pedal/s and which amp profiles you have found work well with it.

• the effect you describe is typical for Fuzz Face-type fuzzes, but not common in other circuits.
    as you mention correctly, many fuzz boxes like to 'see' the guitar pickups, so the connection guitar -> fuzz -> Profiler works generally best.

there are however many exciting fuzz possibilities in the Profiler - aside from the obvious Fuzz DS - there are the Shapers in different flavours, the great Recti Shaper and the Analog Octaver which I like to add to fuzz tones to thicken/mess up :D the low end.

experiment with stacking ODs/fuzz and Shapers, add an Analog Octaver to the Recti Shapers octave up effect and change the Profiles gain to shape he tone in yet another way.

hth