Make the clock of the Kemper only accept whole bpm values

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think that the Kemper clock is too accurate. I don't even know of any other devices that can read a bpm like 121.3. I can't even programme that kind of bpm in Logic, so it's obviously not a common thing.

I think maybe Mr @ckemper should consider the possibility of dumbing down the tap tempo somewhat. Or at least have an option to round off the tempo to the nearest whole bpm.

Do note that in the video I nailed the bpm a couple of times with my Gordius, but the Kemper was never right on the dot.

I am hoping Mothership will consider a soft button that will round off the bpm to the nearest whole number. With tempos as they are currently, we will be unable to synchronise other equipment to the Kemper clock, since most of them will only accept whole bpm numbers.

This may give rise to undesirable synchronisation behaviour.

Thanks.

• I don't even know of any other devices that can read a bpm like 121.3. I can't even programme that kind of bpm in Logic, so it's obviously not a common thing.

You can actually type in tempos in Logic with 4 digits behind the comma. You just have to switch to the custom display instead of using the default one.

• I think that the Kemper clock is too accurate. I don't even know of any other devices that can read a bpm like 121.3. I can't even programme that kind of bpm in Logic, so it's obviously not a common thing.

NI Traktor software is down to 2 digits after the decimal. And I can asure you, 1 BPM as tolerance is quite a lot. That would mean that @130 BPM after 2 measures or so your BPM is more than a 16th note off: for DJ use inacceptable. If you're using long complex delays ditto...