Reached a wall with my Kemper.

• Here's a comparison test:

Same profile with Ibanez RG652AHMFX-NGB (bridge pickup). Amp definition was 9.8
    Guitar - Kemper - Scarlett 18i20 (spdif) - Reaper.

First is your clip (treble position), second is my clip and the last is both together panned to the left and right

Frequency comparison
    blue = the frequency response from your clip,
    white = the freq response curve from my clip

• Yes... Agreed, that might help. But there's something not right, it shouldn't need this with a good MB Marshall Profile?! There shouldn't be anything "lacking"...

That's why I suggested re-amping a sample of his DI through the same profile using someone else's profiler; to exclude the guitar from the equation. However, spk77's clip (above) seems to exhibit a similar pick attack when using the same profile with his Ibanez.

• @Terence T I didn't realize the Silver Jubilee profile you were using was free in the Michael Britt rig pack, so I tried it using my LP. Firstly, let me say this isn't the sort of profile that's suited for what you're playing. I personally don't like the profile either way. Why not try a profile more suited to what you're playing like, for example, in The Amp Factory IV rig pack, the TAF - Engle 650 RMB Ld 2 profile. Try playing the same riff through that one and let us hear how it sounds. While I think Britt's profiles undoubtedly work well live and for gigs, I'm not crazy about nor use them for practicing and recording. Further, forget the Jubilee from Britt and TJ for the time being and try some other profiles.

• sometimes you will find a more marshall tone for your taste and sound system in another profile with another name but that sounds perfect

i audited a thousand profiles, then i choosed a hundred favorities, after that i reduced to 50 profiles, no matter i use then, for recording, for hearing throught headphones or for outputting to an amp, they always sound very different one from another and i have plenty options to choose when performing... also i can exchange the guitar without many impacts, if some profile is weak with that other guitar , i pick some other similar from that 50, and will work just fine as expected...

• @Terence T I didn't realize the Silver Jubilee profile you were using was free in the Michael Britt rig pack, so I tried it using my LP. Firstly, let me say this isn't the sort of profile that's suited for what you're playing. I personally don't like the profile either way. Why not try a profile more suited to what you're playing like, for example, in The Amp Factory IV rig pack, the TAF - Engle 650 RMB Ld 2 profile. Try playing the same riff through that one and let us hear how it sounds. While I think Britt's profiles undoubtedly work well live and for gigs, I'm not crazy about nor use them for practicing and recording. Further, forget the Jubilee from Britt and TJ for the time being and try some other profiles.

What else do you have besides those? I saw you mention the Caswell. It's good for lead but lacks low end for rhythm (I thought). If you like Top Jimi his newer Freidman Jerry Cantrell has a more full sound.

• sometimes you will find a more marshall tone for your taste and sound system in another profile with another name but that sounds perfect

Well, Terence T isn't particularly crazy about the tone of the ones he's posted and I understand why. It doesn't suit the style he's playing, in my opinion.

• You may have me confused with another poster. I haven't mentioned the Caswell.

I have several packs from Top Jimi, however I have to tweak them quite a bit to make them sound like the demos on his site.

Absolutely, I spent way too much money on TJ profiles when I first got my KPA… I have never used any of them and to even make them slightly believable they have to be tweaked to the point that it no longer even sounds like the amplifier he profiled.
    Talk about buyer remorse…

• I spent way too much money on TJ profiles when I first got my KPA… I have never used any of them and to even make them slightly believable they have to be tweaked to the point that it no longer even sounds like the amplifier he profiled.Talk about buyer remorse…

I can make them sound pretty darn good with some tweaking, but my guitar makes them sound muffled and dark on their own.

• Haven't had a chance to look over the replies in detail, but would just like to thank everyone for being so helpful.

This clearly is a different kind of forum, and has helped me to keep trying with the Kemper.

Cheers all.

• Latest update, I've gone over all the info here and tweaked for many hours.

Fact is, I'm still at the wall. I've given up on trying to record the Les Paul, my strats sound ok at the bridge position. I'm pretty much at the same wall I was at with my old POD. I'm sticking to it for now, but its all tweaking and little recording, and I paid a lot of cash to not do that.

I'm keeping an open mind and hoping to see the light, but I'm not sure what else there is to try here.

It just may be the case that the Kemper isn't for everyone. I may get new monitors in a few months, but everything that sounds good/bad through my headphones sounds the same with my current monitors

• For me, the last chance is, if you can send us the direct output, to reamp with our KPAs, at least you can gather some info about the diff between our KPAs and yours. But is a suggestion...I really wish the problem with your sound, gets solved.

• As a last ditch effort, I'd try recording a DI of your Les Paul, upload it here and let another user re-amp it through their Kemper. You'll at least find out whether it's the Kemper or your guitar.

• The last thing would be to profile your amp(s), if they’re sounding good in a recording. That is, after all, the reason the KPA was conceived and created in the first place, otherwise you may as well stick to VSTs.

• The last thing would be to profile your amp(s), if they’re sounding good in a recording. That is, after all, the reason the KPA was conceived and created in the first place, otherwise you may as well stick to VSTs.

VST's for me sound awful with distortion/high gain. Thats one of the reason why I bought the Kemper. The next step for me is to try load boxes with an amp head, A Marshall JVM head and load box costs about the same as a Kemper.

• As a last ditch effort, I'd try recording a DI of your Les Paul, upload it here and let another user re-amp it through their Kemper. You'll at least find out whether it's the Kemper or your guitar.

Thanks, yeah I'll give that a go. Its not sounding great with all three of my guitars though, so both the strats as well as the LP. The strats sound better than the LP, but only on the bridge pick ups. All guitars sound great through my Marshall JCM 2000.