SOLVED Kemper is hissing when juicing guitar volume

• Aldo, try a different cable. The Kemper input should not be lit up when nothing is being played. That suggests an input signal is being generated when it shouldn't be. Also check the wiring in your guitar.

I've tried several different cables with no luck. I will look into my guitar when I get back from work.

• I would try turning the gate off and seeing if there's still noise at the tail end of the notes. This sounds like something I read in another thread. I'll try to reference and add a link. There wasn't a solution in that threat tho. Could be something entirely different as well. Clips when you have time will help.

Can someone confirm that this sounds normal?

Hi there. Just some questions to start:

Does it change when you move around?
    Do you not get this noise when you just plug straight into a traditional amp?
    Does touching the bridge change it significantly?

A little recording would really help.

Hey everybody finally had a chance to upload a little clip. I know the tone isn't great to begin with, but the sound comes in at 0:05. This was recorded with my guitar volume of 3.5. It sounds like clipping to me, but like I said the LED's aren't even turning bright green.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Pickup wiring or shielding not up to scratch and picking up interference from, by the sound of it, typical EM pollution one finds in domestic situations such as lighting and other electrical equipment.

Does the level of the noise change as you slowly swivel 'round 360º?

• recorded with my guitar volume of 3.5. It sounds like clipping to me, but like I said the LED's aren't even turning bright green.

Thanks for the clip but you said "when you're juicing the volume at 5-6" and also said "the LED is solid green all the time" - even when you're not playing? You need to play a riff or succession of notes "juiced" to identify the "hissing on every note" as you described?

When you have everything on your guitar on 10, the output LED should be light green at idle and when you strike a note it'll goes bright green. If you're guitar is idle and cranked you will inevitably have a fair amount of hum. That hiss/crackle you have sure sounds like pots/wiring/cable IMHO.

• I want to thank everyone who assisted me with this issue. Although I have tried several different spots to set up the Kemper, I have always experienced this crackle and hiss. Several of you pointed in the direction of electromagnetic interference being the culprit. This afternoon, I simply played 7ft away from the Kemper in a standing position opposed to three feet away in a sitting position and I can't hear that noise at all. In fact, I've been able to reduce my global noise gate significantly. I've dealt with this issue since I've bought the Kemper is April, so to finally have a fix is awesome. I can even "juice" my guitar. I have some additional questions, but to a new thread for that. Till next time. :thumbup:

• I want to thank everyone who assisted me with this issue. Although I have tried several different spots to set up the Kemper, I have always experienced this crackle and hiss. Several of you pointed in the direction of electromagnetic interference being the culprit. This afternoon, I simply played 7ft away from the Kemper in a standing position opposed to three feet away in a sitting position and I can't hear that noise at all. In fact, I've been able to reduce my global noise gate significantly. I've dealt with this issue since I've bought the Kemper is April, so to finally have a fix is awesome. I can even "juice" my guitar. I have some additional questions, but to a new thread for that. Till next time. :thumbup:

Glad you figured it out, and thank you for updating, it'll sure help folks who might run across this thread in a search for a fix to a similar issue.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.