Kemper wah not true bypass

• For several rigs I use Frank Eltze's wah. It sounds great but there's one problem. It's not true bypass. I've tried the two pedal modes in the wah menu for this: bypass toe, bypass heel. Both of them don't bypass but keep a wah sound at the wah heel or at the wah toe position, much different from my normal rig sound.
    I use a Boss FV 500H expression pedal for this and this lacks a on/off switch like on a wah pedal. So how to disable wah when not needed in a rhythm part? Any suggestions?

• Interesting. I often stop the wah long enough during solos (if only for 2-3 seconds) to not being able to use @stop.

I use a Mission exp with a toe switch instead.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I have no trouble with that. Not touching my FV 500 H expression pedal immediately stops the wah. That's why I changed it. Would your Mission also have something to do with calibrating?

• I have no trouble with that. Not touching my FV 500 H expression pedal immediately stops the wah. That's why I changed it. Would your Mission also have something to do with calibrating?

That's the thing. It stops too soon for me. I want to be able to stay on a filter plateau for a few seconds without disengaging the wah.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I had a crazy experience at rehearsal on Sunday. My Kemper sounded like sh1t for a whole song and i was really pulling my hair out. By the end of the song I though "that's it the KPA is going in the bin!!!" Then I discovered my wah was on in the toe position :pinch:

I nearly always have a wah on and locked in Stomp A. I never use a volume pedal so I had my wah set up as bypass at heel which just feels more natural to me and lets me use cocked wah if required. This works fine except when you first set up and forget that the pedal almost always comes out the bag in the toe position.

However, this week I needed to add a volume pedal for some swells in a particular song. I didn't want two pedals so used the wah>volume link. In order to play normally I need the volume pedal in toe position. But in order to bypass wah I need it in heel position. Anyway, I changed rigs and forgot that the wah was engaged in toe position for a whole song. Doh!!!

I have now reprogrammed all wah settings to be off by default and turn them on with the toe switch from the Mission pedal now to make sure I never do anything that stupid again.