I Intend to start a study about commercial profiles

• it comes down to what one is trying to prove. If the OP does not trust the seller only a DI of the original demo track would help. If the claim is that a profile sounds different on any PROFILER regardless if all of the global settings are exactly the same on each unit this will easily be debunked by reamping the same DI using the same profile on several PROFILERs. The outcome is already clear-since the PROFILER is a digital device the results will all be identical.

... provided no fairy dust was added to the demo recordings.

• I think 10 guitarists with the same guitar and the same amp would not sound the same;)

THIS!!

That's why I don't buy guitars online. Gotta try before you buy ;) I have not bought a single commercial profile yet, to me without wirst trying them out, would be pointless.

That's why I proposed this as a feature-wish:

Rig Manager with DEMO/TRIAL-mode for commercial profiles

Funny that I am just reading this post AFTER posting my request ;)

• Demo mode in rig manager would require Kemper to be involved formally in 3rd party commercial profiles business. Can't speak for them, so who knows, but I have a feeling it will never happen - it would be a crazy business decision.

Back on topic, I've never ran into a profile which would sound drastically different to what I have heard in a demo (after accounting for differences in playing technique, guitar and listening equipment, in that order)

• Demo mode in rig manager would require Kemper to be involved formally in 3rd party commercial profiles business. Can't speak for them, so who knows, but I have a feeling it will never happen - it would be a crazy business decision.

Back on topic, I've never ran into a profile which would sound drastically different to what I have heard in a demo (after accounting for differences in playing technique, guitar and listening equipment, in that order)

I have the same feeling mdeeRocks - which I described under the feature request - however I would love to have such functionality.

• I have bought a few that I would not have bought if I have tried them in detail, but it doesn't bother me at all. I appreciate the effort our Profilers put into adding value to our Kempers, and if I support them now, then the next pack might be just what I need. It's only a few bucks after all.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM