Aux in muffled ......

• Anyone else have issues with the Aux in being muffled and overly bassy....??

I have my PC hooked up to the Kemper Aux in send/return to play backing tracks and it really sounds horribly dark and muffled .

I have a splitter hooked up to the output of the PC so I can bypass the kemper and go direct to my stereo power amp and not have the Kemper on when i'm just browsing on the PC , the sound quality I get is completely different when I'm not running through the Kemper (sounds the way it should)

I took the splitter out of the loop but no dice the muddy muffled sound follows the Kemper aux in .

Any ideas ? I'm not running Beta version and have the latest update just fyi .

This is really disheartening I jam with backing tracks constantly :cursing::thumbdown:

• have you tried what has been suggested to you by our support staff and connected your guitar to the alternative in and return to see if that signal sounds normal? What about the suggestion to profile a cable to see if the return input works normally? Have you tried monitoring through the headphone output of the PROFILER to see if the problem is only occurring at certain outputs?

• have you tried what has been suggested to you by our support staff and connected your guitar to the alternative in and return to see if that signal sounds normal? What about the suggestion to profile a cable to see if the return input works normally? Have you tried monitoring through the headphone output of the PROFILER to see if the problem is only occurring at certain outputs?

can you tell me what profiling a cable would do when I have tried several cables and they all sound the same through the kemper as opposed to "normal" through my stereo , that a serious question I'm not being a smart ass . whatever I do it leads to the Kemper coloring the sound and not in a good way .

the sound also is muffled bassy what ever you want to call it in the headphones this is disheartening to say the least , my $300 Yamaha TRH10x sounds way better

• can you tell me what profiling a cable would do when I have tried several cables and they all sound the same through the kemper as opposed to "normal" through my stereo , that a serious question I'm not being a smart ass . whatever I do it leads to the Kemper coloring the sound and not in a good way .

the sound also is muffled bassy what ever you want to call it in the headphones this is disheartening to say the least , my $300 Yamaha TRH10x sounds way better

the reason you were asked to profile a cable and to connect your guitar to the return and alternative input is to find out if the problem you are encountering is caused by those inputs. If you want to find out what causes your issues and ultimately fix it please work with the support staff and follow their advice.

• Rolly You are writing "my PC hooked up to the Kemper Aux in send/return". The Aux In function and SEND output socket have nothing to do with each other. ALTERNATIVE IN and RETURN are used for Aux In.