Distorted profile becomes quieter on bridge pickup?

• I've got a situation here. I am using Dual recto profile with Music Man Luke 2 (Emgs), and I'm mostly positioned on the neck pickup during gigs. Sometimes I switch to bridge pup in a drive setting (on the same profile) and my signal drops slightly in volume but gets more distorted which is expected. Totally opposite situation when I'm on a clean profile. Do I need to set up Input sens to get at least the same volume when I switch to bridge? Thanks!

• To show a different perpective I'd say that this is about the guitar too , the way the pick up react on this particular guitar

A different way to approach this is to use a remote and get exactly the sound and volume you want when you switch to a solo... your problem is resolved with a simple press of a remote with your foot...

Otherwise the problem is based on a fact you dont get a remote so its a money problem. The remote is I think essentiel to use the Kemper and change sounds quickly. I even know a guy that change sound 5 times on each song... a sound for the intro a sound for the verse a sound for the verse a sound for a solo etc...

Hope it helps

• I have a MIDI controller which I always use, so that is not a problem. And I'm not switching to a solo, I am staying within the same profile where I'd just like to retain the existing volume. Because it makes no sense that the signal volume drops on distorted profiles.

• Ben's question is the crux of diagnosing the issue. If it is as Ben has interpreted then the problem is likely down to clean sens settings (and possibly distortion sens to some extent). Try playing a clean sound then increasing the gain knob. If the sound gets quieter as gain increases then adjust clean sens. However, if the bridge pickup gets quieter regardless of profile it is more likely the pickup height needs raised or the neck pickup needs lowered.

Clean sens can be locked but it is independent in browser mode and performance mode so make sure you check both as this tripped me up for a while.