Toggle Remote Effect buttons I-IIII via MIDI?

• the Remote communicates with the PROFILER using a proprietary protocol and not over MIDI.

Thanks Hans. But it is still bidirectional. The KPA can communicate with 3rd party midi controllers using bidirectional midi to achieve much of the same functionality. I suppose the question is really whether the OP's request is something that bidirectional midi could be made to handle if there was a will from Kemper and a demand from users.?

I don't have an opinion on whether it is required or not as I am a happy Remote user. However, there have been some things in the past where I, or other users, have asked for something and CK or Burkhard have stated categorically that it simply can't be done for hardware reasons etc. In those cases it clearly put an end to matter and means we know not to bother harassing you for something that just can't be done.

• Being able to do this will hinge on whether your foot controller can cycle through midi messages, or have on/off functionality (i.e send one message when on and another when off).

I can do this on my foot controller, it just requires you to send the commands to turn on and off whichever stomps you are targeting with each press of the button.

• I suppose there´s still no way to "simulate" the remote´s buttons I-IIII using MIDI ?

I want to built a poor-man´s-remote for practising at home, so the heavy Kemper Remote can stay at the rehearsal room.

Best regards

Bernhard

Jam it ! 8o

• I suppose there´s still no way to "simulate" the remote´s buttons I-IIII using MIDI ?

I want to built a poor-man´s-remote for practising at home, so the heavy Kemper Remote can stay at the rehearsal room.

What can't you simulate?

You should be able to do everything the remote can and even some stuff it can't with a good midi controller but it is a lot more work which is why I ultimately stopped using my midi controllers and got a Remote. Simple plug'n'play integration.

EDIT: on re reading the earlier posts in the thread, it seems the issue is not the ability to control everything but rather just the ability to do it with a single command for Footswitch 1 or Footswitch 2 etc. This still isn't possible and I don't think it will be given the amount of time that has already passed. However, I am surprised at the idea of creating poor man's remote as the real thing is too heavy to carry back and forth to rehearsals. I carry my Toaster and Remote together in the Kemper bag to every rehearsal or gig and don't find it unduly heavy.

• The Effect Buttons I-IIII toggle up to four effect modules - each individually from their current on/off state. Not sure it is very effective performing this via MIDI unit without the ability to see the current on/off states, which the Remote indicates via LEDs and display.

You can send MIDI control changes. Each module has its dedicated cc. If you intend to switch multiple modules, send multiple control changes. This way you don't toggle from current state, but switch either on (values 1-127) or off (value 0), which gets you to a defined and predictable state.