Neural Quad Cortex

• Haaa! The video is offline! Dang, how ridiculous that comparison was!

Victory :D!

I feel for the guy. He posts a video clearly stating he didn't REFINE and why he did it that way and he's stoned for it. I wish he would have left the old one up so we could see the comparison of the old vid to new. Rhett put one up and got the same treatment and didn't even say his methodologies or rationale.

• As for the poor guy comment, these videos (even if they all claim they do it for fun) are part of a viral marketing campaign.

And there’s nothing wrong with that.

But every view, every pot stirred and every controversy brought up brings clicks, views and revenue for the creator of the content.

We shouldn’t forget that.

Poor guy(s)?

Nope.

• If you're going to do a comparison video you have to play to the strengths of what youre comparing, otherwise it's just null and void.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• everybody is asking him to do it.

Naaa. Come on. The point is just I cannot imagine that a guy who has done commercial profiles pretends not to know what exact role the refining feature plays. I just don't buy this. He was caught acting.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• If you're going to do a comparison video you have to play to the strengths of what youre comparing, otherwise it's just null and vaoid.

as far as he explained, that was not the intention of the video. He didn't make the Neural sound better or fine tune it. It was a straight capture in both cases. Any way, I am only reiterating what was obviously stated in the video. There is no reason the lynch the guy. I can only imagine what other crap the guy is going to get after he does a video with the refined process performed. On to the next topic.

• :thumbup:. This.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• In any case classy reaction from Rebea.Got caught?Yeah sure..but this minor mistake (it is not more than this) will make him more clever surving in this little bit of music buiz left..in which credibility is everything...on the long run..

Again.The Pete Thorn review is great.Also for neural.They still have time to rectify some issues.And then we have great fruitful competition.

• In any case classy reaction from Rebea.Got caught?Yeah sure..but this minor mistake (it is not more than this) will make him more clever surving in this little bit of music buiz left..in which credibility is everything...on the long run..

Again.The Pete Thorn review is great.Also for neural.They still have time to rectify some issues.And then we have great fruitful competition.

It's not a mistake if you tell your viewers you are bypassing the refining process on purpose.

• I read here many times that refining is optional. Now it has suddenly become mandatory.

It's not mandatory but recommended if you're going for a best try scenario.

Personally I've also experienced refining making my profiles worse (more boomy in an undesirable way).

Let’s see/hear! ;)

• It's not mandatory but recommended if you're going for a best try scenario.

Personally I've also experienced refining making my profiles worse (more boomy in an undesirable way).

I think refining will not change anything in this matter that I am talking about. How many times has it been pointed out that the bass is a little flat and the midrange has a fairly homogeneous cocked wah character. I understand that this could not be fixed.

I still like my KPA as I don't use High Gain lately and the crunch/brakeups sounds beautiful with KPA.

I just have to admit that in this example the QC high gain sound better.

• It's not a mistake if you tell your viewers you are bypassing the refining process on purpose.

Ok.

But I wouldn't go so far claiming this and that.I don't know it.If it was a mistake?You don't know it either.

Let us not start again.We had this discussion before.

• Anyways. In case you need distraction or a cooldown here comes a Bass perspective:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Firstly, I don't know Rabea personally so have no idea whether he is a good guy or not. From what I have seen on YouTube he seems genuine and is a good player and reviewer. I wish him well in his career.

As for the "nobody asked him to do it" etc. He is clearly a paid endendorsee for Neural he even mentioned his own presets being part of the factory content etc in the videos. I think he even talked about the QC development as "we" did blah blah blah implying that he was part of the team. That being the case he clearly has a vested interest in making the QC sound as good as possible. He is there to market the QC and from what I saw he did a great job. There is nothing wrong with that. As long as he doesn't state that he is doing impartial reviews he is doing nothing wrong.

In any test I have seen so far the QC sounds great and is a welcome addition to the range of tools available. I personally have no inttin buying one for many reasons - I don't like the form factor, I have touch screen displays (especially on floor board units), I won't entertain any device like this that relies on a wall wart for power, I don't need dual amps etc. However, for others these may be actual selling points rather than limitations. There is clearly room in the market for multiple devices. For me, I would rather find my sounds as quickly as possible then play guitar rather than constantly chase a sonic nirvana that is always just out of reach and constantly buy new gear to try and get it.

Different strokes.......

• Firstly, I don't know Rabea personally so have no idea whether he is a good guy or not. From what I have seen on YouTube he seems genuine and is a good player and reviewer. I wish him well in his career.

As for the "nobody asked him to do it" etc. He is clearly a paid endendorsee for Neural he even mentioned his own presets being part of the factory content etc in the videos. I think he even talked about the QC development as "we" did blah blah blah implying that he was part of the team. That being the case he clearly has a vested interest in making the QC sound as good as possible. He is there to market the QC and from what I saw he did a great job. There is nothing wrong with that. As long as he doesn't state that he is doing impartial reviews he is doing nothing wrong.

you can't really win with dishonest reviews.Even if you are an endorser or a paid reviewer from this company and everyone "expects it"..better do a good review.

In general (and this is true,believe me) here is the golden rule for reviewers which worked in the gear magazines before internet:Make every newbie/non-advanced musician run into the shop buying the product with the hope he becomes a better player.But let the truth "shine between the lines" for advanced/pro musicians.How you do it..no one cares..but never give anyone a reason or even worse "hard proof" that you are a paid to sell junk.

I don't know if anything has changed during the last years with internet./youtube..but I see this way of reviewing with many current top reviewers(won't say any name).

A guy like Rabea(or any other "current influencer") can smash the KPA in pieces to promote "his product"..but the problem is that people are not stupid and in the middle/long run advanced/pro musicians will show rather quickly if a tool is good or not.If pros still stay with the kemper and none/only a very few go with the qc..well this makes you look very stupid on the long run.

Any reviewer who wants to stay "in businesses" knows that simple truth.Or better said he should.Once credibility is lost you are done.For ever.I guess in times of internet it is even worse.I guess.

• I don't think Rabea would intentionally bash Kemper, he has been a user and reviewer of it for some time and way back on Anderton's he was a huge advocate for it and he also hooked up with Victory to make profiles. As he stated in his original comparison post today regarding not using the REFINE. "Yep! Already addressed, I’ve pinned a comment. Didn’t realise it was the make or break of a good profile."