Be aware of the digital sonic artifacts (aliasing) in your KPA!

• Let me put it this way: if I (me personally) would have an issue with any gear that makes it unusable for me I would send it back straight away. Ok that everything can be improved, but if I cannot use something "as is" I would return it immediately and eventually look at it again at a later point to check if the issue has been dealt with in the meantime. If I'm happy with everything out of a couple of secondary details, I would keep it and wait, been prepared to keep it "as is".

This is just me.... ;)

Hey mate! I think no one who´s having problems with artifacts thinks that KPA is unusable or wants to give it away. I will not give it away, as that lil green thing (to me) is almost 85% perfect. That´s damn much, 85%. Let´s solve this problem, and to me it will be 99% perfect. (I´ll keep the 1% for me as reserve :D ) So I think I see it similar as you, and hope that problem will be history soon, and that book might get closed! 8)

• Hey, a good bit of news: Kemper emailed me and said that "we are planning further improvements in this area, however I cannot commit any dates". I let them know that I appreciated hearing from them on this—just the acknowledgement that they are working on it is a hopeful sign—that makes my day. :thumbup:

• Hey, a good bit of news: Kemper emailed me and said that "we are planning further improvements in this area, however I cannot commit any dates". I let them know that I appreciated hearing from them on this—just the acknowledgement that they are working on it is a hopeful sign—that makes my day. :thumbup:

Good news. :)

Thanks for sharing this. It surely doesn't surprise me at all with all the visibility it's received ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I just installed FW 1.6.0, and of course the first thing I did was put on some 'phones and listen closely to see if the aliasing had been eliminated.

This is the most significant reduction of aliasing in the KPA so far (thank you Kemper), and welcome news.

Honestly though, it sounds to me as if it was reduced about 75% of what it was (which is a huge improvement), but it is still audible under close examination... not 100%, yet.

This amount of aliasing should almost surely get buried in any mix, live or studio, with only high-gain players who practice alone perhaps noticing it at times.

Edited once, last by miles ().

• I knew this was coming :D ;)
    Please post an example, as it should be gone completely now! Seriously!

I was just logging in to post that I bet someone will still hear aliasing. :D

Well, at least we're 75% there, after a few more updates we'll be at -134.6% negative aliasing, zero sustain, zero dynamics, and zero feel left in the Kemper, and only enough memory to store 10 Profiles. :thumbup:

• I knew this was coming :D;)
    Please post an example, as it should be gone completely now! Seriously!

I would like to first wait and see what others (those who have experienced the aliasing before) discover for themselves—to see if anyone else can hear it. I could post it, but admittedly, only those willing to listen deep into the example would be able to hear it, and most would conclude that it was pretty insignificant, and not worth thinking about. I am pleased with the improvement, but I don't think it's completely gone.
    I can barely detect it through my Genelec monitors at moderate volume, but I can detect it ever-so-slightly in headphones at moderate volume.
    It's a good day. :)

Edited 4 times, last by miles ().

• I would say it was wasting of CK and his Team time , aliasing was never a problem , at least for me ....
    From other side , it is very good , because bashers and fractal moderators on TGP will finally shutupfukup 8o :whistling:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Aliasing was a big problem for high gain profiles.

But it's now fixed - and that is great!

Here is a sound-sample I created today:

High Gain Diezel Profie - All Gain LED's on
    (highest amount of gain the KPA can create)
    For the ones owning my Diezel Profiles it's: "DZL C4 17 151115P"
    This means channel 4 from the amp with gain max (17:00) and treble and presence settings high.

JEM Guitar (normal tuning) played on the high e string - single note on the 24th fret
    (this is the highest pitch the guitar can create)

No effects.

Here is an uncompressed wav fille:
    First KPA 1.5.2 then 1.6

Aliasing Test 1.5.2 and 1.6.0

I am very satisfied with the results!

Well done - thank you Kemper team. :thumbup:

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Great! Thanks for testing and posting the results, I'm now upgrading.

• ...to see if anyone else can hear it. ...only those willing to listen deep into the example would be able to hear it...
    I can barely detect it through my Genelec monitors at moderate volume, but I can detect it ever-so-slightly in headphones at moderate volume.

Sorry I gotta tell you this bro, but you're suffering from post-traumatic aliasing stress. :P
    There's no more aliasing...
    Only Cliffster and the Scottmeister will still hear aliasing (because they won't upgrade to the new fw in order to not suffer Axe2-degrading-stress-symptoms)

• Did not update yet, but still this thread is very amusing .....

Hey, I got boot size 8, so I don´t care about guys that need 11! :thumbup:

On Armins files you can hear that it´s almost eliminated to zero, and on real tube amps you also get some weired noises when playing such extreme tones with higher or extreme high gain sounds. So I guess it´s well done, and as CK mentioned aliasing is not possible to eliminate to zero. (if I understood it right)

Thanks for that!