Tip for first day KPA users...

• Ok, gentlemen, I' ll ask again (taking out the "Lance Loves Tele" part, which will most probably be the title of one of my new songs) ;)
    The reason I insist is that I, for example, don't like them (no offence Lance, just a matter of personal taste) but I would suggest the same, for a Dussie and/or a Ricky and I am sure other mates in here will have their own suggestions too.

So, why tele?

• Actually Im going to turn this inside out, back to front, side to side, err whatever.. but..
    Im a Tele/Strat player.. always have always will!..........BUT!
    I plugged my 66 LesPaul in today for the first time, and everything sounded meaty warm and bloody nice!...

I think he should of said.. "just plug in a guitar"

:)

• It's just that a Tele shows off the musicality of the clean tones & high end frequencies so nicely, way better than any of the other 'modellers' I've used.
    Whereas humbuckers have the power & sustain to make lousy modellers sound pretty decent.

But, I agree, plug in a Les Paul, or 335, or Strat, they all sound good. :thumbup:

• I don't know about anyone else, but the KPA made me appreciate my strat in a new way. Those single coils, especially in that warm second position of the selector switch, going through the Dumble rig ... :love:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I enjoy all 6 of my guitars more since I bought the KPA!

Guitars that I did not play much get way more use now!

The Tele is my fav but it get's a lot les play time since the KPA! just rock's every guitar! :love:

• Actually Im going to turn this inside out, back to front, side to side, err whatever.. but..
    Im a Tele/Strat player.. always have always will!..........BUT!
    I plugged my 66 LesPaul in today for the first time, and everything sounded meaty warm and bloody nice!...

I think he should of said.. "just plug in a guitar"

:)

66 Les Paul... as in 1966? That would be quite rare... :whistling::?:

• indeed, but she is not in good shape in the looks department..- If we had a "show your gear" thread i'd post some of my collection up :)

But I have had a love hate relationship with gibson over the years, they have an almighty sound, but are uncomfortable for me, when tracking in studio, I always go Strat then Tele back to strat then if that still fails I go to the LP sitting lonely in the corner smug as you like.. and of course it works.. and im like DAMMIT! :)

Funnier in my head I guess...

• indeed, but she is not in good shape in the looks department..- If we had a "show your gear" thread i'd post some of my collection up :)

But I have had a love hate relationship with gibson over the years, they have an almighty sound, but are uncomfortable for me, when tracking in studio, I always go Strat then Tele back to strat then if that still fails I go to the LP sitting lonely in the corner smug as you like.. and of course it works.. and im like DAMMIT! :)

Funnier in my head I guess...

I think he meant that there's no real LP from 66... only double cut one called LP/ SG..

• I think he meant that there's no real LP from 66... only double cut one called LP/ SG..

Yes. I do recall the LP "Les Paul" truss rod covers were dropped from the '61-'63 double cutaway hmubucking pickuped LP and it became the "SG" in 1963. Thus I was a bit confused... I was fortunate to own a number of Les Pauls. A couple of '54's, one '56, two '57's, one '58, two '59's.... Great sounding guitars, good ergonomics for the pickup selector and control knobs. Less than ideal as a single cutaway for really high fretwork. I have one Les Paul at this point. Good guitars for lot's of stuff. I usually use a Jackson Soloist as I switched to those in 1984. It's a single humbucking and 2 single coils, It covers a lot of tone territory.

and44, your collection sounds like it's really nice. Maybe a pic section will come around down the road.:) 8):thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by 1fastdog ().