sound quality

• Not trying to be pedantic, but have you read the user manual, especially the section about output? The KPA definitely does not sound like shit for recording. It's used on countless professional recordings. So if there is an issue, it's most likely an incorrect setting on the KPA or your interface.

• I know it doesnt sound like shit,through headphones it is amazing.

I think it is an issue with the interface or monitors defo not the kemper.

Music tracks sound good through the monitors though,will defo have a look at the manual now.

• One more time, just to make sure ... use the Main Output(s).

First of all Main Outputs directly to your monitors. This should make a world of a difference to what you currently experience.

Then (if you had success with the above), we can discuss further.

FYI:

There's a reason I recommend using the Main Outputs! With the Monitor Output, there's a chance that "Monitor Cab off" is active and this would certainly sound like crap. You're a new user, we've all been there at some point. Go the common, most straight forward, recommended way to avoid pitfalls you're not yet aware of. :)

• Don;t panic, pretty sure its a simple setting.

What cables are you using?

You can just use XLR to XLR...you don;t "need" stereo, its an option to make the sound bigger. Your tininest does sound like monitor cab off setting as your first check.